• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Terms of new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copt Out View Post
    I've just been offered a contract with a government agency and the general terms of the agency involved contain the following clauses:

Under the new Intermediaries legislation we are responsible for making quarterly submissions to
    HMRC detailing everyone working with us who is not on a PAYE payroll. This includes your name,
    NI number, how much we have paid your Limited Company, how many hours you have worked
    and details of how you are being paid. HMRC are then able to cross check your tax records
    against what we say has been paid to you.

<snip>
    "new" Intermediaries legislation?

Do they mean this draft legislation, that may or may not come out until next year?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...gulations-2015
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Had a chat with the agent

I've talked to the agent and apparently this 'Intermediaries Legislation' is a new requirement and they have to pass both public and private sector contract information to HMRC. I've never heard of this before and from what KingCook has posted it sounds like it's not yet a requirement. Hmmmmm. However they are running a lot of the changes that QDOS have recommended past their legal team so I'm waiting to hear back.

Apparently no contractor has ever asked to stay opted in before and the contract has never caused an IR35 related problem in all these years - if I had a penny for every time I've heard that!!! To be fair the agent was very fair when I chatted to him so only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post

Do they mean this draft legislation, that may or may not come out until next year?

It's still in consultation, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          It's still in consultation, isn't it?

It closed last week or something.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post

I think it might be this ESM2042 - Agency and temporary workers: agency legislation - provisions from 6 April 2014: record-keeping and returns (6 April 2014 onwards)
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I notice it references 'individuals' and 'self-employed' people, so contractors running a ltd wouldn't be covered by this legislation I assume.

Comment

Working...
              X