• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Content insurance for rented accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content insurance for rented accommodation

Has anyone looked into content insurances for rented accommodations?

MyCo is renting an en suite room in a shared house and I am quite concerned leaving my ridiculously expensive ultrabook with the fruit logo there. I also have a few cameras, company tablet, hard drive and other non-work related IT stuff plust the normal stuff (clothing etc).

The room is paid for by my Ltd as my home is 400 miles away. Would insurance be a legit business cost and would it then just cover company property?

Any other views welcomed.

Are you sure most of that isn't already covered under 'away from home' clauses or whatever your insurance company calls it? If you are worried that the policy excludes business related possessions use something like Protectmybubble gadget insurance.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 April 2015, 13:22.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have business contents cover that covers any portable equipment away from the office.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
      X