• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterP0 View Post
    I was head hunted for the role via LinkedIn, I get the brief, prepare presentation, go to interview, turns out it for a Scrum Master and not for the BA role I'm skilled in.
    As others have hinted, "head hunted" is the wrong way to describe it. An agent spammed as many people as possible on LinkedIn, copy and pasting the same message to hundreds of people.

Again, as others have said, most of that stuff is standard practice. Why on earth you would find it weird that a second person is on you interview when you had been told it would be only one is beyond me. Things change. Was it that big a deal?

Comment

Contract came to the end, I had been on holiday towards the end (holiday planned and paid for last year) contract officially ended 17 April!!!!! It is now almost a month and I'm frustrated.......
      Sounds like its BOOMED to me with all those interviews. Frustrated is when the market is tulip and you haven't had an interview for months. Mow the lawn, read a book, etc etc

Comment

NLUK is right for a change. All the things you describe have probably been experienced by most contractors on here at some time or the other.

You're expecting agents and clients to be organised and fair. Never going to happen.

One month and you're concerned. Come back when its 4 or 5 months. I bet you won't be so picky then.

At least you're getting interviews which is good. Something will click soon and you'll get it hopefully. All about luck.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          NLUK is right for a change. All the things you describe have probably been experienced by most contractors on here at some time or the other.

You're expecting agents and clients to be organised and fair. Never going to happen.

One month and you're concerned. Come back when its 4 or 5 months. I bet you won't be so picky then.

At least you're getting interviews which is good. Something will click soon and you'll get it hopefully. All about luck.
          I actually thought this was your sockie for awhile but no mention of benefits had me wondering. Maybe you two can swap client hating stories in PM.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi Newbie here,

I've been contracting for over a year now, had two contracts one short, one long which has just ended.

Contract came to the end, I had been on holiday towards the end (holiday planned and paid for last year) contract officially ended 17 April!!!!! It is now almost a month and I'm frustrated.......
            Sounds to me like you should have focused more on the next contract and not your holiday.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Sounds to me like you should have focused more on the next contract and not your holiday.
              Always focus on holiday not contract :-)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I actually thought this was your sockie for awhile but no mention of benefits had me wondering. Maybe you two can swap client hating stories in PM.
                Not me mate. Forgot about that. OP - are you claiming JSA?

Thats £300 you've missed out on already mind.....

Comment

This just sounds like an average contractor interview experience I could fill a book with them its nothing out of the ordinary...what you think they owe you something & or your so special that they should treat you like royalty those days are long gone its an employers market & has been for years.

Be thankful they want to interview you at all sounds like your probably going to be happier back in permie land!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Not me mate. Forgot about that. OP - are you claiming JSA?

Thats £300 you've missed out on already mind.....
                    Make the most of it before IDS brings in means testing for JSA imminently.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not sure what the OP is moaning about.

The only organised interviews I've ever had have been with multinational firms as a permie. SME and contract interviews are always disorganised...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X