• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'IPSE Friendly' contract failed by QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    However, that doesn't mean that the contract clause posted wasn't reviewed by IPSE and approved as IR35-friendly.
    I know that... and explicitly said as much in one of my previous posts. As MS says though reading the clause as its supposedly written in the contract I very much doubt it...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I know that... and explicitly said as much in one of my previous posts. As MS says though reading the clause as its supposedly written in the contract I very much doubt it...
      I was much happier with their substitution clause in 2004 than I would be with this one.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

However, that doesn't mean that the contract clause posted wasn't reviewed by IPSE and approved as IR35-friendly.
        It wasn't.

HTH
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          It wasn't.

HTH
          You're clearly party to knowledge that I'm not, so I'll bow to your statement, assuming that's an official IPSE one of course.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You're clearly party to knowledge that I'm not, so I'll bow to your statement, assuming that's an official IPSE one of course.
            Of course it's not official. Read what was said on the IPSE forum in response to my earlier post
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Of course it's not official. Read what was said on the IPSE forum in response to my earlier post
              We're clearly interpreting what has been said in the thread I started in different ways - I see nothing that clearly says that the clause wasn't reviewed by IPSE, whereas you obviously do
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

We're clearly interpreting what has been said in the thread I started in different ways - I see nothing that clearly says that the clause wasn't reviewed by IPSE, whereas you obviously do
                I'm not arguing the point on here. But you're wrong.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Was there a definitive answer on this? Did the agency make it up?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyBetty View Post
                    Still ongoing I'm afraid
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyBetty View Post
                      There isn't a definitive answer yet - without seeing the entire contract, no-one at IPSE can confirm or deny whether the contract presented by the agent to the OP matches the one reviewed by IPSE and passed.

If the OP is willing to share the contract in full, I have offered to take the matter up within IPSE for him - but without seeing the contract, IPSE won't be in a position to say whether it's an IPSE approved contract or not.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X