• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In this weather do we needs to wear tie & suit for interview..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Kada View Post
    No change for me - Suit, tie, top hat, long jacket and my walking stick together with briefcase.
    No monocle? INKSPE....
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Commute in your scruffs, IV clothes in bag, get there 20mins earlier and befriend the receptionist. Ask for the bathroom, chnage in there and leave bag with reception.

I have done this a few times. I have also gotten changed for an IV in the back of a cab so there are ways around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
        I have also gotten changed for an IV in the back of a cab so there are ways around.
        Did you strip totally?

Comment

As this is the UK, it's now raining, so don't forget the brolly & coat.

Comment

Same as always : cords and a T.

Boo

Comment

What does your accountant say?
              "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
                What does your accountant say?
                What does ones Tailor say?

Comment

Yes, do you certainly do need to wear a suit and tie. As the interview is usually inside an air-conditioned office all you need to do is limit the time in said garbs to an absolute minimum.

So, make the journey to the nearest pub to interview location in shorts, t-shirt and slip-ons.

Get changed at Pub, do interview and reverse-rinse-repeat.

Plan has additional benefit of pre-interview food and post interview beer.
                  Last edited by Bluenose; 6 July 2015, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    +1.

I usually skip the tie anyway and wear a decent suit and open neck shirt. Still looks smart and I have a beard and "unconventional" hair anyway so if they are going to be put of by anything, it would be that
                    Bearded ladies are acceptable these days even as brides in church but these 'unconventional' haircuts can mean the difference between being in the breadbasket or on the breadline!

Comment

Until someone can prove to me what function a tie serves I refuse to wear one.

If that does me out of a job then it's not the sort of place I want to be anyway.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X