• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sleeper Train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeper Train

I've been sounded out about a possible contract in that their Scotland, role sounds good but the commute doesn't, amyone ever commuted from South/Mid England by sleeper train? Thinking it would kill 2 birds with one stone, get the sleeper up on Sunday and back again on Friday, with a B&B midweek.

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I've been sounded out about a possible contract in that their Scotland, role sounds good but the commute doesn't, amyone ever commuted from South/Mid England by sleeper train? Thinking it would kill 2 birds with one stone, get the sleeper up on Sunday and back again on Friday, with a B&B midweek.
    I did Bolton to SW Scotland for a while - 129 miles, was still quicker to get there than 19 miles to Altrincham.

Not sure there are any sleepers anymore, I've done Orient Express Paris - Vienna (could'nt sleep) and Moscow - Vladivostok, got off at Urals, three nights no sleep so I'd say forget sleep trains....

Comment

Looks like there is a scotrail sleeper which isn't cheap especially if you don't want to share with a stranger...

Comment

Looks like there is a scotrail sleeper which isn't cheap especially if you don't want to share with a stranger...
        I was on the Trans Siberian with a guy who thought I was French, and that was First Class, luckily he got off at Miass....

Comment

TCD (RIP) did the sleeper train (aka the "Freedom Express") one way every week for the best part of 13 years. I guess it comes down to what suits you.

Comment

I did the sleeper train thing in the '70s.
            You know we have airports now?

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              I did the sleeper train thing in the '70s.
              You know we have airports now?
              I ain't getting on no plane fool!

Comment

Pretty sure they stopped that. i.e. You can't book a shared room and share with a stranger. Its got to be a two person booking for this.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Dont megabus do a sleeper bus now? megabusGold | Luxury Coach Travel Day and Night | megabusGold.com
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I worked in Glasgow for a while. Mancheter to Glasgow by road in 2hrs 59mins -wonderful drive once you get past Preston the motorway is empty

I also flew a few times - cheeper than you'd think, but you have to factor in the time hanging around at the airport prior to flying.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X