• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unequal length Notice Period in Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unequal length Notice Period in Contract

In my latest contract (pending my signature..) there is the following clause :

NOTICE TO TERMINATE
    CONSULTANCY TO EMPLOYMENT BUSINESS 4 weeks (consultancy being me I think)

NOTICE TO TERMINATE
    CLIENT TO EMPLOYMENT BUSINESS 2 weeks (Client being the end client, employment business being the agency?)

Being somewhat non-plussed about this, I've kicked back and I am waiting on the agency bod to amend it. Start date is Monday though, so time is not on my side.

Has anyone seen this before?

Received phone call from agency 'sorry it's a mistake.. will put right' etc.

Comment

It's not uncommon. Permie have equal periods so it's a slight good flag for IR35. I'd suggest you try the search as detailed in the sticky at the top of the FAQ section as anything you can think of to do with notices has been discussed to death. Particularly the fact that notice is for permie and they can still walk you with zero notice whatever you've agreed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

...I got bored searching for 'unequal length notice period' or combinations / variations thereof hence my post.
        And In my experience notice periods have been worked and paid for, ranging from zero notice period through to 4 weeks either way.

Comment

As NLUK says normal. I've actually got no notice period, and client has got a week.

Not brill but clients attitude is take it or leave it - so thats my choice isnt it? No big deal for me.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
            ...I got bored searching for 'unequal length notice period' or combinations / variations thereof hence my post....
            Don't be surprised if people get bored of answering your questions.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X