• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any tips for a contracting noob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Fail.

You are your own boss, if you have a boss then you are a disguised employee.

You have a client, and a hiring manager.
    This. That statement alone makes me doubt your status.

I have a feeling with this and that comment about efficient salary earlier makes me think your need to swallow your pride a little and seek advice first.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And don't take advice from contractors. A vast majority haven't a clue what IR35 is and many others have a tentative grasp on it. Some of the crap o hear from people that half a clue is scary. Leave it to the professionals.

I'd becareful about discussing IR35 and other tax issues with your client as well. It's your business not theirs. I'd not be impressed if a supplier turned up and started moaning about their tax affairs to me.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 5 April 2016, 22:15.

Comment

Ok boss was the wrong word.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
          Ok boss was the wrong word.
          Looking at your username you seem to have a habit of doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X