• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays not changing contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays not changing contract

Morning All,

I am in discussions with Hays at the moment regarding a contract and put the contract though QDos. The contract failed pretty badly (Right to Substitute, permission for time off etc. etc.). I have had the usual response back saying 'we have 1000s of contractors and not one person has raised this... and have had external verification etc. etc.). Has anyone dealt with Hays with a similar situation?

I have had my contract changed with every other recruitment firm I have worked with without any kick back.

Thanks

Paul
    Kind Regards,

Paul

Just from reading previous, similar threads, Hays contracts fail and they don't change them.

Worth a search but I can't remember anyone getting one changed.

Personally, if I see a role advertised by them I won't bother.

Comment

Funny that. Hays used to be a problem many moons ago, lots of complaints on here about it but all of a sudden they must have changed it and people were saying on here it was sorted. I certainly thought Hays were back on track.

You sure it's just not this gig and not Hays standard. If the client won't accept RoS they can't exactly put it in there. If the client wants an inside IR35 person then the contract is gonna reflect that no?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thats Hays for you. Standard answer from them....

They WILL change it if you kick off - believe me.

I had EXACTLY the same once with them (3 years ago). They expected me to sign a contract without seeing it as well. Then I had "no-one has ever...", "1000s of contractors etc". When I refused the guy even started abusing me and saying I was disgrace and unprofessional....

So I though sod that and got the name of Hays Area Manager and spoke to him. Said if you want to do business, then 1) Get that cheeky little tulipe off the deal. 2) Stop pissing about.

I all went smoothly after this. Of course, the original fella may or may not have been acting on his own with his approach. Perfectly aware that the managers know how their agents are doing things.

BTW - in my experience, worst agency I've ever worked with has been Hays. Paid on time so no issues there but complete nightmare for trying it on and stupid, childish little tricks to screw more money.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Qdos will do the negotiation for you - if they won't move then you have to decide whether you want to take the contract or not and what that might mean.

You could say that you think it's going to be inside IR35, you were quoting an outside IR35 rate, therefore your new rate is current rate + 24% (or whatever uplift you require). Don't forget to consider any travel and subsistence expenses which aren't claimable if you are inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            You could say that you think it's going to be inside IR35, you were quoting an outside IR35 rate, therefore your new rate is current rate + 24% (or whatever uplift you require). Don't forget to consider any travel and subsistence expenses which aren't claimable if you are inside IR35.
            And you call my advice

Comment

Qdos will do the negotiation for you - if they won't move then you have to decide whether you want to take the contract or not and what that might mean.

Considered this in the past. How much do QDOS charge for doing this?

Would certainly save a lot of time with certain agents trying it on.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Considered this in the past. How much do QDOS charge for doing this?
                AIUI, it's part of their standard offering when they review your contract.

Comment

AIUI, it's part of their standard offering when they review your contract.
                  Is it part of the free contract check you get with PI/PL as well? All mine have passed when I've used that service so negotiation has never been discussed

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Is it part of the free contract check you get with PI/PL as well? All mine have passed when I've used that service so negotiation has never been discussed
                    Have you asked your insurance provider?

Never needed the service before, so I have no idea how it works - but it's on the website for the contract review service.

Comment

Working...
                    X