• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to search for remote working contract opportunites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Untrue.
    Some companies may prefer you in the office.
    Some companies are happy for you to work from home. Some actually encourage it.
    Indeed but it's still very heavily weighed towards being in the office for now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've seen a few ads recently for remote working gigs.

Currently WFH but that was because I was working for someone that shutdown the office to save costs. Once in the past I had a long term gig where after 6 months I was able to negotiate the renewal with two days a week at home and I also worked for a startup that was WFH because nobody has sorted out an office yet.

So it can be done
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Untrue.
        Some companies may prefer you in the office.
        Some companies are happy for you to work from home. Some actually encourage it.
        So true, there's also the official policy vs unofficial policy to consider. My client's (UK bank) general policy is 1 day but this week is have been told unofficially it's don't take the pee. Show your face every so often but wfh if it's appropriate

Comment

Working...
        X