• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent is just a sockie troll. Nothing they've posted so far makes sense let alone shows an insight in their industry. Spreading more misinformation than helping IMO.

A couple have posts earlier indicated MoD have started to apply it earlier or something along those lines haven't they?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Agent is just a sockie troll. Nothing they've posted so far makes sense let alone shows an insight in their industry. Spreading more misinformation than helping IMO.

A couple have posts earlier indicated MoD have started to apply it earlier or something along those lines haven't they?
      How am I a troll? Because I disagree with some of the comments? This is a public forum isn't it?

Just because I'm sharing an opinion doesn't make me a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
        How am I a troll? Because I disagree with some of the comments? This is a public forum isn't it?

The alternative possibility is that you are a ******* idiot, and our career-long interactions with agents suggest that this is highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The alternative possibility is that you are a ******* idiot, and our career-long interactions with agents suggest that this is highly unlikely.
          Ahh name calling, I wondered how long it would take. I've not said anything offensive or particularly controversial, not sure why you're so upset.

Comment

Ahh name calling, I wondered how long it would take. I've not said anything offensive or particularly controversial, not sure why you're so upset.
            How long did you think it was going to take?

Comment

lol, well I don't recruit in the public sector so not really my industry at all. Looks like a consultation to me, has this come into force then?

*edit

"Any changes to legislation will be subject to a short technical consultation and the legislation would apply from April 2017" - so it means nothing at the moment, still can't see why an agency would be insisting on it now
              It might mean that now the legislation is set to come in, everyone needs to be made aware of it. As soon as you're on to your first six month extension, you'll fall foul of it, so better to be made aware now that your expenses claims are doomed. I'm more interested to hear from PS agents as to what percentage say, "uh huh, okay" without knowing what the full implications are, compared to those that say, "ah, in that case, my day rate is £(outside IR35 rate + 40%)
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  It might mean that now the legislation is set to come in, everyone needs to be made aware of it. As soon as you're on to your first six month extension, you'll fall foul of it, so better to be made aware now that your expenses claims are doomed. I'm more interested to hear from PS agents as to what percentage say, "uh huh, okay" without knowing what the full implications are, compared to those that say, "ah, in that case, my day rate is £(outside IR35 rate + 40%)
                  I agree, will be interesting to see if the government thinks that they'll still be able to secure contractors for the same rate that they do today. Makes sense that any contractors that would entertain PS work will simply up their rate to keep net take home the same.

Then again, there's always the friendly indian outsourcers who can fill any role at £200 p/day..

Comment

I agree, will be interesting to see if the government thinks that they'll still be able to secure contractors for the same rate that they do today. Makes sense that any contractors that would entertain PS work will simply up their rate to keep net take home the same.

Then again, there's always the friendly indian outsourcers who can fill any role at £200 p/day..
                    You need to go have a read of this. Yes it only applies to PS contracts now, but is widely seen as a trial run for introducing it into the wider private sector. Unless agencies are on the ball you are likely to see your entire business model go up in smoke as the big consultancies start hovering up your business.

Government waves through IR35 changes from April 2017
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      You need to go have a read of this. Yes it only applies to PS contracts now, but is widely seen as a trial run for introducing it into the wider private sector. Unless agencies are on the ball you are likely to see your entire business model go up in smoke as the big consultancies start hovering up your business.

Government waves through IR35 changes from April 2017
                      Thanks, I'll certainly take a look. Would be awful news all round if this is the case. May have to reduce my 45% margin to 40%.

Comment

Working...
                      X