• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BAE systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAE systems

I am soooo sorry if this has come up before but how on earth do you get there from London relatively quickly? and most importantly, should I bother?

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
    I am soooo sorry if this has come up before but how on earth do you get there from London relatively quickly? and most importantly, should I bother?
    BAE Systems have more than one office don't they?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      BAE Systems have more than one office don't they?
      Big one in Glasgow.

Comment

Sorry, Cumbria location.

Comment

BAE systems

Barrow? Train to Preston/Lancaster and change.

It's not an expensive place to live. At least it wasn't I the 80's, when I was there.

Proximity to the Lakes is a positive, if you are the outdoor type.

It's very different from London.

I could usually drive to London from there in around 5 hours. Your mileage may vary.
          Last edited by BackupBoy; 13 October 2016, 19:32.

Comment

Only you can answer if you bother.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You need to change accents at Cumbrian border....

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                Barrow? Train to Preston/Lancaster and change.

It's not an expensive place to live. At least it wasn't I the 80's, when I was there.

Proximity to the Lakes is a positive, if you are the outdoor type.

It's very different from London.

I could usually drive to London from there in around 5 hours. Your mileage may vary.

I hope things have changed since the 80s! It might be the posh Londoner in me but I was hoping for an airport nearby....nearby being a couple of hours which might hopefully cut down my time sitting on the train....

Comment

I was working at Barrow (VSEL) when Lady Di (remember her) arrived in a helicopter to name one of the Vanguard Trident subs being built at the time.

Helicopter landed in the staff carpark so was closed for the day and we had to walk in from afar

Caught a glimpse of her disembarking from said helicopter though.

Oh, and I drove to Barrow from Surrey. Takes approx 5-6 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                    I hope things have changed since the 80s! It might be the posh Londoner in me but I was hoping for an airport nearby....nearby being a couple of hours which might hopefully cut down my time sitting on the train....
                    Yep Manchester airport would be 2 hours by train. You could probably do just over 3 and a half hours from euston
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X