• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Always check SC is transferred...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    A contractor's SC last for just one year after they leave the client. Unless transferred within that year, or if the 5 year duration is reached earlier.
    It's different for permies but I can't remember as I've never cared
    Thanks.

What I was asking whether the 2nd time around, you had let it lapse altogether, prior?
    i.e. say you had it, let it lapse then reapplied?
    Was this easier than applying "fresh"?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Agreed. Even though mine's run out I point out that I've had it twice with the second time being completed in under 2 weeks.
      And mine running out is on the assumption that the client has told anyone I left. So if I went back to the same client and they'd not informed the vetting people then I'd still have it (I reckon anyway).
      You would - that was the bizarre situation I was in. Contract with consultancy ended Oct 2014 - PMs failed to tell security I'd left. Irony was that if I'd been dishonest and not informed them whilst checking up my SC, then it would still be active.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Thanks.

What I was asking whether the 2nd time around, you had let it lapse altogether, prior?
        i.e. say you had it, let it lapse then reapplied?
        Was this easier than applying "fresh"?
        Ahh. Yes it had lapsed by about 3 years.
        It was quicker second time but let's be clear, they have changed their systems a lot in advance of the 2012 Olympics so they can cope with greater volumes than previously. So I'm not sure whether it was quicker due to better processes or whether I'd had it before. But I reckon it's a combination.

Some people who applied at the same time took a LOT longer but a lot of them were foreign nationals.
        The guy who didn't have a passport with the same name he used on his SC application was fired after 6 weeks of waiting.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

A contractor's SC last for just one year after they leave the client. Unless transferred within that year, or if the 5 year duration is reached earlier.
          It's different for permies but I can't remember as I've never cared
          SC clearance last as long as the role warrants it, if you leave the role you are no longer cleared, the 12 month transfer rule is not hard and fast, I know clients who have refused to transfer, as with everything to do with security clearance its as clear as mud as and if you get a security controller in a bad mood then they don't have to explain any decision they have made.

Maybe we should have a sticky which has all this information in it......
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Earlier in the year I was working for a large consultancy on an armed forces web portal which required sc clearance.

My sc also wasn't transferred from my previous MOD client. Didn't even do the basic BPSS or whatever.

Makes me wonder if it required sc clearance at all...
            Probably not. Applications are not data. It's the data (and resultant intelligence/information) that's classified, and the BaU access rights to get at it, not how you create the code to manage it. It's that fundamental misunderstanding of what clearance is protecting that's at the heart of all these problems.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X