• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The drugs don't work...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drugs don't work...

Fabric agrees strict new licensing deal with Islington Council to reopen - BBC Newsbeat

The club of my 20's, lost count of how many times I came out of here at 7am on a Friday morning and was at my desk by 9am, nowadays its a cuppa and off to bed at 10pm

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Fabric agrees strict new licensing deal with Islington Council to reopen - BBC Newsbeat

The club of my 20's, lost count of how many times I came out of here at 7am on a Friday morning and was at my desk by 9am, nowadays its a cuppa and off to bed at 10pm
    Remember that Drum and Bass mate on Friday on Fabrik! I think I managed to get 7am in the morning also.

I did serious clubbing in London in a University student. The number of morning lectures I missed was a lot. So much I seriously behind by my third and final year. Back then the club bouncers were really piffy about letting single guys that they didn't know in on Saturday. So I worked out that if I went on weekday night like Tuesday or Wednesday for the odd night, the bouncers would remember me and think that I was a regular that got me a little leg up.

Like you I couldn't keep up with the flipping kids, or rather I noticed that I was the oldest of the dancers. After dancing in the big room were you really need ear-protection, I actually fell a sleep in the Ministry of Sound. I just sat down with my back to the wall next to a couple young girls that I didn't know. I could be bothered to even enter a chat up line, because I wrecked, man. The next thing I knew there was a nudge on my shoulder, bouncer guy or the drug checker woke me up. I rubbed eyes, eventually left the club. My so-called mates wanted to stay until 5am, I said I was too tired to hang around, I had had enough, and never went back ever. That was 14 years ago!

I hate getting old and gray. I want my youth back please! "Acccciiiiiddd"

Comment

Was more into sound systems and free parties, illegal raves etc.

DiY, Positive Sounds, Smoke Screen, Lazy House and in later years Wiggle (who ended up at Fabric, as it goes.)

Many years of madness, especially as I was regular crew on a couple of the above systems.

Lugging around 16K rigs, hiding circus big tops in the countryside and some of the best DJs around playing the parties.

Fantastic times
      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 27 November 2016, 09:10.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
      X