• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank Group - permanent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Just throwing this out there for interest really.

Been offered the chance to telephone interview (then 2 face-to-face if successful) at LBG for a specific architecture role. I won't be going for it because I am in contract for a while yet, but I was impressed by the package:

£96k salary
    £5k car allowance
    18% non-cont pension. This is amazing, how do they afford it!
    30 days holiday. I wouldn't know what to do with myself!
    Up to 40% bonus, apparently coming in at around 20% the past couple of years. I find this hard to believe.

Only problem is that it's based in the City and I don't enjoy the 1.5 hour train/tube commute (did it years ago for another bank) and the fact that there's no regular WFH to counter that travelling. I travel (drive) 1.5 hours each way now but I WFH 2 days a week.

But - as far as permie jobs go, I was impressed.

18% non-cont pension.

Wow I thought the pension gravy trains had finished

Comment

Yea I don't know how they'd afford the 18%.

I don't really want to work back in the City. Left it 5 years ago and missed it a lot but I'm too old (in my early 40s) to really enjoy it now. And the 90 minute commute is something I would choose to avoid.

I was just surprised at the package. Perhaps as uk contractor says, they're paying this much because there are truckloads of tulip to deal with!

The job itself is for a Lead Integration and API architect. I don't know squat about APIs anyway

Comment

Gig I just turned down was about rationalising their estate and encouraging "agile ways of working". So, WFH is up and coming for those areas that don't currently offer it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Yea I don't know how they'd afford the 18%.

I don't really want to work back in the City. Left it 5 years ago and missed it a lot but I'm too old (in my early 40s) to really enjoy it now. And the 90 minute commute is something I would choose to avoid.

I was just surprised at the package. Perhaps as uk contractor says, they're paying this much because there are truckloads of tulip to deal with!

The job itself is for a Lead Integration and API architect. I don't know squat about APIs anyway
          From memory they have a very poor SCCM & LANdesk implementation & severe lack of technical expertise to fix it as the middle management are more concerned about saving what's left of their careers (by shaving costs everywhere except the actual problem areas!) than putting their heads into the firing line & actually stating what is causing the problems to more senior management as the career ending answers would suggest the middle managers are not doing their jobs properly!!

When they outsource all the other stuff outside UK I think its only a matter of time before these regular outages become a bigger issue like the basic SCCM job sent to the wrong servers from Poland mentioned in that the register article!

I would not let anything I say put you off though as most of the UK & European major banks have similar issues due to outsourcing, not holding onto key tech staff, not training & promoting existing staff or not paying them enough so the issues are stored up for a rainy day & they eventually realise they have to over pay to get someone to sort it all out. Lloyds also have the extensive full monty vetting system probably SC for this role as well due to the nature of it & as they are still 8% gov owned still subject to stricter home office rules on vetting procedures.

Comment

More tulip you have to deal with higher the salary
            They have completely outsourced their IT support to India
            Complete shambles

Comment

On the other hand....

I've been at LBG since last September and have been enjoying it greatly hence not coming on here for the past few months.
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                On the other hand....

I've been LGBT since last September and have been enjoying it greatly hence not coming on here for the past few months.
                FTFY and congratulations. I'd stay out of General though. They won't understand.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Plus ca change.
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    they are still 8% gov owned still subject to stricter home office rules on vetting procedures.
                    4.988 according to the Intranet homepage!

Not noticed any animosity towards contractors.....mainly because it's around a 50/50 split in the area I'm in.

Apart from the many many IT support people all over the UK. Did you mean IT Helpdesk or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      More tulip you have to deal with higher the salary
                      Complete shambles
                      I'm working with a financial outfit who're just finishing up paying the price for that one, having now got it all back in house.

I don't know why they do it to themselves - I'd love to meet the salespeople involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X