• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-employment screening and MVL question - help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-employment screening and MVL question - help

Never had this one before (not that I can recall anyway) and I've worked in Finance for a long time.

Question is:

Have you been a director, partner, or concerned in the management, of a business that has gone into insolvency, liquidation or administration or been wound up, ceased trading or entered into any voluntary arrangement with its creditors whilst connected with that organisation or within one year of that connection?

Do I need to declare my previous MVL?
    Last edited by DesDixon; 28 March 2017, 21:33.

Answer, "not as much as your financial institution has" ... btw what is mvl ?

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
      Answer, "not as much as your financial institution has" ... btw what is mvl ?
      Click the 'MVL' link to the right of the web page for more info.

Comment

Isn't MVL a voluntary arrangement which it asks for so the answer is yes you do?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, you have been involved in a liquidation, but an MVL isn't a liquidation which has been forced by creditors. Credit reference agencies record the reasons for a liquidation, so you would easily be able to evidence that yours was voluntary, no creditors objected and all is above board. Having said all that, I think what this question is getting at is whether there was a creditors liquidation - i'd be tempted to phone the screening persons to clarify what they're after. It's not as though it's a scenario they won't have come across before after all.

Comment

It sounds like a basic credit check so ring them and clarify.
            However if the MVL is recent and you're in the same trade you may have a bigger problem, as I believe you can't just wind your company to get funds and just setup again.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
            X