• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gambling debt and SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all have debts to pay off but ultimately they want to know if you:-

1) have an abnormally large amount and
    2) would you be tempted to sell government/military information to pay those debts?

Only they can answer that.

But seriously 40k? Don't go chasing after that, I used to work at a bookies and there's only one winner.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 18 October 2017, 15:00.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      We all have debts to pay off but ultimately they want to know if you:-

1) have an abnormally large amount and
      2) would you be tempted to sell government/military information to pay those debts?

Only they can answer that.

But seriously 40k? Don't go chasing after that, I used to work at a bookies and there's only one winner.

qh
      Double or quits might win it all back in one go.

Comment

Where has the £40k figure come from:

Originally posted by ITContractor20 View Post
        Hi guys,

I know the issue of SC has been asked several times on this forum having read the FAQ and other posts made by users. Although in relation to Gambling debt I am curious if anyone has had this and still managed to get SC Clearance? I am currently in 15k of debt due to a very dark period in my life right now and I am concerned that I will not be granted it and consequently lose my job.

The problem i have is that the debt is very recent and although I have never missed any payments my credit score is very very low right now. It was over 900 before on Experian.

Thanks for any assistance that can be given.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Originally posted by ITContractor20 View Post
          Well I have lost a significant amount to gambling this year. 40k at least.
          qh

Comment

Nice to see you are paying attention.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 18 October 2017, 15:30.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Nice to see you are paying attention.
              Now now, play nice.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                I don't say this to insult you or put you down but really sounds like it is time to get some help.

Gamblers Anonymous
                Thanks for posting the link but I doubt he will listen to yours and my advice to get help until his life is completely screwed up.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Double or quits might win it all back in one go.
                  9/1 on England to lose the Ashes 5-0 this winter
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    qh
                    Missed that. He must have been up £25k at some point then. Just needs to get back to winning and he'll be sorted.

Comment

Missed that. He must have been up £25k at some point then. Just needs to get back to winning and he'll be sorted.
                      Yes I was up a significant amount but that is here and now. At the moment I am 15k overdrawn. I have not missed any payments or defaulted, however the credit score has gone down significantly since I have used up all this credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X