• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is my accounting fee similar to others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    They pay?
    My accountant does not have access to my account (apart from seeing statements). I wouldn't give my passwords away. If anything needs paying he tells me and I pay it.
    My neighbour is a musician and his band famously got ripped off by their accountant. This made me wary.

I hope you really trust yours.
    +1

Don't mind them having access to myco's HMRC login for filing and reviewing things, but no access to the purse strings.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

yah

Its not about the Size of the Fee its how they use it, a large fee might be painful to swallow but provides excellent service, a small fee you might end up doing it all yourself !!!!

Comment

I pay the same amount so am guessing you are with the same mob as me. have used them for 5/6 years with very little issues. fill in all the details on line and they tell me what to pay and when. I've sort out the odd bit of advice and they've been fine.

If your happy with the service then best left alone, I can imagine it's a bit of a ball ache to change over

Cheers
        We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
          They pay?
          My accountant does not have access to my account (apart from seeing statements). I wouldn't give my passwords away. If anything needs paying he tells me and I pay it.
          My neighbour is a musician and his band famously got ripped off by their accountant. This made me wary.

I hope you really trust yours.
          I have not given password either, I think its paid to HMRC by direct debit(not sure about the details).

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
            I pay the same amount so am guessing you are with the same mob as me. have used them for 5/6 years with very little issues. fill in all the details on line and they tell me what to pay and when. I've sort out the odd bit of advice and they've been fine.

If your happy with the service then best left alone, I can imagine it's a bit of a ball ache to change over

Cheers
            I was wondering if I was missing anything but seems its all good.
            Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim View Post
              I have not given password either, I think its paid to HMRC by direct debit(not sure about the details).
              You should be sure about the details - it's your business, not your accountant's. As others have said, there have been several examples of rogue accountants ripping off their clients (google Darren Upton) - you need to understand who you're paying, how and why.

Comment

I am with an accounting agency that seems good but wondering if I am paying more than others. I pay £144 per month when in contract and £24 when out of contract.
                I have no issues with them, they respond to mails/calls when I need(which is very rarely).
                Nearly twice what I pay
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                  Nearly twice what I pay
                  oh no.
                  I was checking gorilla accounting that was suggested here in another thread, they are a third cheaper but I like the fact that in my case I can pay only a small fee if I am out of contract. Does yours give such option?

Comment

We await your thread of woe in General with trepidation.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      We await your thread of woe in General with trepidation.
                      lol.. think its unlikely. I have not shared any password, so its all good.

Comment

Working...
                      X