• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting or Perm??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    OMG Yes with the meeting thing. People need to stop making meetings, or meetings about meetings, or meetings to discuss the pre meeting about the meeting! It does my head in.

Don't get me wrong, I do tend to do 9-5.30 but there are times when that really doesn't suit me - it's nice not having to ask for the time but actually just informing someone when you will be around, definitely a big difference.

The contractor lanyard is indeed a thing of outstanding natural beauty. It's like a status symbol and subtle middle finger all in one!

Personalised lunchbox definitely isn't too far. Contractor at my last place had a tie pin with his company name embossed on it. No joke.
    You get a red lanyard at Huawei for simply not being Asian. I am not sure if this devalues the lanyard or increases it's value.

Comment

Working...
    X