• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    Technically it is a two year gap because the first year I was unaware of the issue but since then I set up and ran a business (not contracting/consulting) for three years. I have been looking for any kind of work including permanent for all of the six years.
    Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.

So far two interviews one of which they wanted to retrain me at a lower level so they did not offer and the other a rude Romanian interviewer about 15 years younger than me who does not even live in the UK. I had to pass on that
    So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?

I'm not worried about the gap its small minded thinking.
    You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
    6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.

So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?

You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
      6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
      I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.

Comment

Have a read of “Bored to fears”

Abstract:
        The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post

Abstract:
          The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....
          Yes I'm sure I will get round to it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post

Abstract:
            The text book for most folk here, isn't it?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
              OK, may advice about how to find out the facts about what really happened - read your own posts on here!
              You say you turned down two jobs, one because it wasn’t paying you enough and another because the interviewer was foreign and younger than you.
              That’s why you didn’t get those two jobs.

Without any more facts from you, it’s hard to help give you advice on how to find out other facts that might be pertinent - the issues about damage to your house/car are most likely related to personal matters, nothing to do with work. An ex, an ex’s partner, a neighbour, etc.
              No agent, client or contractor is going to waste their time doing that.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OP. - being paranoid doesn't preclude them all being out to get you.
                sounds like you dug yourself a hole and want to blame someone else for it

Comment

I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
                  You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.
                    'the eye in the pyramid' - oooeeeer

Comment

Working...
                    X