• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't do it mid contract, well you can try but you won't get anywhere, you have to wait for renewal. You need to know your market rate, just because the agency is taking 40% on this contract doesn't necessarily mean you can get 50% more elsewhere, but definitely worth a try.

It is better to look for something completely different if you undersold yourself, because a big increase in your rate will be hard to get.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ukitcontractor01 View Post
      Hi,
      After joining the contract,can I request for rate increase as the agency is taking 40% margin?

Thank you.
      When you signed the contract I assume you were happy about the day rate you were receiving (otherwise you wouldn't have signed it) regardless of what the agency's cut came out to be.

So, you were happy, the client was happy, the agency was happy. Why do you want to be so greedy?

Just do your work for the agreed rate and shut up. The agency can find your replacement in zero time.

Comment

Originally posted by MattZani View Post
        When you signed the contract I assume you were happy about the day rate you were receiving (otherwise you wouldn't have signed it) regardless of what the agency's cut came out to be.

So, you were happy, the client was happy, the agency was happy. Why do you want to be so greedy?

Just do your work for the agreed rate and shut up. The agency can find your replacement in zero time.
        found the agent

Comment

Lol NO

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            By the looks of things, it won't be the won't be the client he'll be negotiating with, it will be the agency. And they'll tell him which pier he can jump off.
            Not that I endorse this action in Any way, nor that I believe two disconnected wrongs make a right, but there have been enough cases of the agency reneging on a contractually agreed rate at contract start.

So, totally up to ukitcontractor as to whether he wants to complicate his day.

For my part, wait until renewal time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Next, she/he will be posting in general about Somerset Service stations....
              Sedgemoor FTW
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X