• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awaiting portal login and passwors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Never make the same mistake twice. Make it several times just to be certain.
    Ha ! That's one way of learning that mistake for sure !

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Never make the same mistake twice. Make it several times just to be certain.
      Unless you're skydiving. In which case once is generaly enough.
      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
        Unless you're skydiving. In which case once is generaly enough.
        Hey kitten.. Are you an Aussie?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Hey kitten.. Are you an Aussie?
          No. I'm English. Is this a chat up line?
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

I've never had an IR35 check either.

To the OP

What's stopping you emailing in an invoice for the work you've done with 7 day payment terms. Wait the 7 days then bring it up with the client. If the client is paying the agency and the agency are messing you around you'll soon find out.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              I've never had an IR35 check either.

To the OP

What's stopping you emailing in an invoice for the work you've done with 7 day payment terms. Wait the 7 days then bring it up with the client. If the client is paying the agency and the agency are messing you around you'll soon find out.
              Hi..
              Yep thought of that although agency is rigid that all invoices go through timesheet portal to be attached to confirmed and signed off timesheets but it may be the only way to force their hand in this..
              Not sure if the client will actually assist as the manager made it clear he will not get involved on agency\contractor disputes.
              Ironic really as I did some support work for the top company director today and she sent a glowing email to my manager and the team about a professional service she received , not bad as only being four days in but I thought to hell with it if the client wants to lose a genuine hard working contractor with excellent user facing skills then I will take my business elsewhere.

Comment

What agency is this?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay69 View Post
                  Not sure if the client will actually assist as the manager made it clear he will not get involved on agency\contractor disputes.
                  What is there that you are not sure about? They have told you their stance and I've pointed out why.
                  Ironic really as I did some support work for the top company director today and she sent a glowing email to my manager and the team about a professional service she received , not bad as only being four days in but I thought to hell with it if the client wants to lose a genuine hard working contractor with excellent user facing skills then I will take my business elsewhere.
                  Don't want to be rude but you are a big part of this **** up and you've not really got very far in sorting it out. It's only a week old as well. Why are you crying about the work at the client and taking business elsewhere. It's **** all to do with the client. They've told you that and we've told you that. Why aren't you getting it?

You've encountered a hiccup. Man up and sort it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    P. S. You don't have a line manager. You are an independent supplier not an employee FFS.
                    £100 a day on a four week contract, I think he's safe from the IR35 police

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      £100 a day on a four week contract, I think he's safe from the IR35 police
                      I have a line manager, and a functional manager - as does everyone, including the 15k contractors and even the 15k consultants here do. Along with the 260k employees. What would HMRC make of that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X