• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Few questions around Timesheets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstTimeNewbie View Post
    strangely my thread has turned into a debate around invoicing rather than about timesheet specifics (my original post). but I guess those two are closely related.
    Like most of open internet forums, you will get a lot of responses and not all answering your original question. But many tend to be helpful in one way or another.

As for timesheet, in the more common agency/client setup there will be a need to do 2 timesheets, one for agency and one for client. There isn't a need to do yet another for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
      Like most of open internet forums, you will get a lot of responses and not all answering your original question. But many tend to be helpful in one way or another.

As for timesheet, in the more common agency/client setup there will be a need to do 2 timesheets, one for agency and one for client. There isn't a need to do yet another for yourself.
      +1

OP has asked a specific question to which and answer wouldn't have solved his bigger problem so we've questioned why and suggested a much better solution. Not sure why he's guessing they are closely related. Without timesheets you don't get paid so couldn't be any closer really. He wants a timesheet for invoicing so why wouldn't it get mentioned?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your Ltd doesn't need to produce timesheets.
        Your Ltd needs to produce invoices. Those will then be matched against approved timesheets from the client (and possibly from the agent as well). As a result of the invoice from you and the approved timesheets, the agent then raises their invoice to the client. And then the payment process happens.

So, while your Ltd does not need to produce timesheets, you need to make sure you have approved timesheets from the client/agent before you send in your invoice.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you're on a day rate, tell your account how many days your worked. That's all they need. No time sheet or anything required.

But yeah it's so easy to send an invoice.. I can see why an accountant offers this as a service, no effort to them at all.

Comment

Working...
          X