• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Docusign document a requirement for representation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docusign document a requirement for representation

Reasonably interesting role came my way and gave the agent my approval to represent me exclusively, etc, etc. Then a mail comes through with a Docusign electronic document to be signed in order to be submitted. It's a privacy/gdpr-like document but page 1 says it's a legally binding document and the content of it, though I didn't spend much time reading, refers to my obligations to keep them updated, etc, they can pass on my info according to this and that. Totally overkill and I want no part of entering into a legally binding agreement only to be put forward! I was already questioning my sanity, this being TCS, the Indian outfit, but this has just killed it stone dead.

Anybody else had this? Agent seems to thing it will become common place. Not for me it won't.

Wouldn't it really depend on the details that you admit to not reading? If it is a privacy and GDPR document with basic data protection obligations from both parties then there wouldn't be any problem signing it as a legally binding document? A bit overkill yes but better than just assuming they are complying to current legislation?

Sounds like the devil is in details to me and I'd be surprised if this was enough for me to throw away potentially thousands of pounds worth of a decent gig.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Wouldn't it really depend on the details that you admit to not reading? If it is a privacy and GDPR document with basic data protection obligations from both parties then there wouldn't be any problem signing it as a legally binding document? A bit overkill yes but better than just assuming they are complying to current legislation?

Sounds like the devil is in details to me and I'd be surprised if this was enough for me to throw away potentially thousands of pounds worth of a decent gig.
      I read enough for it to put me off. The very first page saying it's a legally binding document is OTT. Only to be submitted? I'm up at the end of this month and have been put forward for several possibilities in London, my usual stomping ground and none of them have had this nonsense attached.

Then there's the question of TCS. I remember a contract where Wipro were mopping up all the work and aside from their own staff they'd shipped over, who had zero experience in the tech. stack, other than a 1 week training course when their CV's showed far more experience, allegedly, they had brought in a kiwi contracto. That guy claimed he was always fighting to get his timesheet signed, them saying he'd had 10 mins in the loo, 5 mins cig break, etc. Must have been watching him like a hawk. But I digress. The document has in big bold letters 'This privacy notice describes how we collect adn process personal data about you to assess your suitability for employment with us.......Employment opportunities exist as employment or term contracts either directly between TCS and you or between TCS and your representative agency'
      Last edited by oliverson; 19 September 2018, 14:33.

Comment

TCS will work you till you drop.
        They will fire you at the drop of a hat.
        They don't pay very well either as they can get a bob imported and pay them £35 if they can't fill the post.
        They are all about cost. That's how they win business. Service is secondary.
        They seem to knowingly **** things up and say sorry afterwards.

As for not reading the document entirely....... Your care and attention to detail would be a good fit for TCS.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          They don't pay very well either as they can get a bob imported and pay them £35 if they can't fill the post.

As for not reading the document entirely....... Your care and attention to detail would be a good fit for TCS.
          sometimes you don't need to read the whole thing to realise its not for you. That would be a waste of time wouldn't it? Fail fast.

Comment

If you plan to sign you should really read it. One agency tried to send me one that bound me for the rest of my life to them for representation for contracts and jobs at a certain client. Needles to say I told them to f.o.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              If you plan to sign you should really read it. One agency tried to send me one that bound me for the rest of my life to them for representation for contracts and jobs at a certain client. Needles to say I told them to f.o.
              I've sacked it off as I already have an offer elsewhere and two other strong possibilities waiting in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

They do that because they're not good enough - it's certainly not on purpose! Some companies accept the crap service because it's cheap and clauses for crap service bring the contract down to be worth virtually nothing. Amazed that they're still going.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  They do that because they're not good enough - it's certainly not on purpose! Some companies accept the crap service because it's cheap and clauses for crap service bring the contract down to be worth virtually nothing. Amazed that they're still going.
                  They're certainly not very good, but even when they warned that a certain approach wouldn't work, and they assured everyone they wouldn't do it, they still did it. TWICE...

End result...... double the amount of downtime needed to go-live, and a very near large fine by the regulator for missing deadlines.
                  Oh. And they said sorry for screwing it up. TWICE.

2 years later I hear they are doing the same, service is worse, and the 10% reduction in price every year (as per the contract) means they are 'doing just great'.

/moanaboutincompetentwobbleheads
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X