• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sold House Now Buyer Going Legal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sezbo88 View Post
    He’s given us until 16 October to pay the tiny amount of £70 which we refuse to pay on principle. We have agreed to pay £35 as outlined above..
    Well for that amount I've changed my advice. For an extra 35 quid I'd pay it but in the following way...

100 x 5p = £5
    50 x 10p = £5
    50 x 20p = £10
    20 x 50p = £10
    40 x £1 = £40

I'd also swap a couple of the £1 coins for 1 Euro for good measure as well.

All this falls within the Coinage Act 1971 so is perfectly legal tender so he can't refuse it. Throw it all in a plastic bag, preferably with a hole in the bottom and leave on his door step.

Sorted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Well for that amount I've changed my advice. For an extra 35 quid I'd pay it but in the following way...

100 x 5p = £5
      50 x 10p = £5
      50 x 20p = £10
      20 x 50p = £10
      40 x £1 = £40

All this falls within the Coinage Act 1971 so is perfectly legal tender so he can't refuse it. Throw it all in a plastic bag, preferably with a hole in the bottom and leave on his door step.

Sorted.
      That was how I payed when NLYUK threatened to sue me. She said her husband was some sort of hot shot legal expert so I had to cough up....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        That was how I payed when NLYUK threatened to sue me. She said her husband was some sort of hot shot legal expert so I had to cough up....
        She says that's not normally what you do.

Comment

100 x 5p = £5
          50 x 10p = £5
          50 x 20p = £10
          20 x 50p = £10
          40 x £1 = £40

Sorted.
          Why no 2ps or 1ps?
          You feeling generous?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

All this falls within the Coinage Act 1971 so is perfectly legal tender so he can't refuse it.
            Which bit of the Coinage Act talks about paying in Euros rather than sterling?
            I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
              I think the idea is you mix it all together, and throw in a few Euros for a laugh.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                I see your sense of humour bypass was a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Why no 2ps or 1ps?
                  You feeling generous?
                  1p and 2p is only legal tender up to 20p so couldn't really be arsed working it out. Now you've mentioned it just take out some 20p's and put the shrapnel in. Laziness on my part sorry.

Comment

Laziness on my part sorry.
                    You can make it up by organizing the Leeds meet up.....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      You can make it up by organizing the Leeds meet up.....
                      So my punishment for being lazy and not doing something properly is to arrange a meet up? I think there is a little flaw in your logic there

Comment

Working...
                      X