• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract to Perm: IR35 Investigation Trigger?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But are you going to continue contracting for them? In that position you know is full time? If so it appears Disguised Employeedom is for you.
    Yes, I shall work until the project is completed. The perm role was a completely different role altogether.

Since the PS rules were rolled out in 2016, I've been contracted to deliver precisely what's scoped in my schedule - nothing more, nothing less so I'm pretty confident about being outside of IR35 just from the MoO perspective. Someone comes along and says they need a bit of help on project x I just tell them in the nicest possible way that I'm more than happy to help but I need my contract updated accordingly.

At least that's what I would say because it has never actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Unai Emery View Post
      The perm role was a completely different role altogether..
      For ****s sake. Do you not think it would have been mentioning that in the first place?

These bloody threads where key information leaks out over the period of 20+ posts and a couple of days do my head in.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For ****s sake. Do you not think it would have been mentioning that in the first place?

These bloody threads where key information leaks out over the period of 20+ posts and a couple of days do my head in.
        I assume you mean Do you not think it would have been worth mentioning that in the first place?

No, because if you read the OP my actual concern was over moving from contract to perm raising some kind of flag just by virtue of the fact that I've gone from contract to PAYE with the same client. Nothing to do with the nature of the work at all.

Don't be so touchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Unai Emery View Post
          I assume you mean Do you not think it would have been worth mentioning that in the first place?

No, because if you read the OP my actual concern was over moving from contract to perm raising some kind of flag just by virtue of the fact that I've gone from contract to PAYE with the same client. Nothing to do with the nature of the work at all.

Don't be so touchy.
          But what you do is absolutely key.

Comment

But what you do is absolutely key.
            Well, in my case what I DID prior to this role is key.

Comment

To be fair, the threads where an OP puts all the information in the first post you say TL;DR

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                To be fair, the threads where an OP puts all the information in the first post you say TL;DR
                Which is utter nonsense. You can troll better than this.

Try harder next time.

Comment

Which is utter nonsense. You can troll better than this.

Try harder next time.
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2534228

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2157533

Comment

Well in one of those cases he didn't get a single reply and even a Mod tells him to go away and stop waffling.

The other one is just waffle. It is possible to ask a succinct question with all the facts without pages of waffle. Neither of those examples do that so you've proven nothing.

You've more chance of finding a thread where you have actually offered some advice rather than trolling than you have of proving this point..

Now be a good little troll either offer some advice or piss off. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X