• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can they remove money from your pension without telling you? Atlantic paid you? Decided they were going to go under the directors withdrew it, pocketed it and then took over as a new entity so no liability?
    It looks like that - or the payment was made to the NEST at the same time as made to my payroll. Payroll cleared before accounts were frozen and the NEST did not, and so the transaction was reversed. This was in September for my July and August timesheet.

The September Timesheet was paid in October and the NEST was also paid.

The October Timesheet was invoiced but never paid by the client (I stopped them) so no payroll or pension.

Comment

CRystal - Unitum - Pendragon

Hi All fellow Umbrella sufferers.

Having only just seen the posts on this Forum, I thought I'd add my experiences so far.

Was with Crystal from 2016 until September this year when like others I found myself moved to Unitum Operations without consultation.
      Again like others, received a letter informing me they were going into voluntary liquidation, after being paid twice by them.
      Decide to move to Pendragon after receiving a letter as others have received, as an initial move and see what happens, even though I recognise there's a risk.
      Received a contract from Pendragon with T&Cs as Crystal's when I joined them from Drole when it closed down.
      Have today received an e-mail from Pendragon with information about the Christmas period payroll days/times.
      Have been notified by my account manager my pay from the client for November will be paid this Friday as a same day payment, which is the agreement I've had with Crystal since day one.
      At this time, all seems OK but I reserve judgement until I see the colour of the money in my bank.
      I have personal reasons for not wanting to start with another umbrella company at this time unless it becomes necessary.
      I don't have pension contribution with Crystal, so this is not an issue for me, and they don't owe me any money, so any redundancy payment isn't an issue either, but my HMRC data is, as like others, my year to date pay/tax is double counted for Aqua Bubble pay. I've had a new tax code notified today from HMRC, but the pay and tax for this year is still incorrect and I await a reply from HMRC about what they are doing to correct it.
      I'll let you know if this Friday's pay arrives in my bank.

Boz

Comment

But you have started with another umbrella company. One that has no money, blatently lies, steals money and has some shady dealing with the old company that's gone. And that's just off the top of my head.

I can't help thinking you've made a terrible mistake.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm also in the same situation as others with the HMRC being given incorrect figures when "Crystal" moved me from Aqua Bubble to Unitum Operations as they didn't zero the ytd figures meaning it looks like I've earned double the amount in the tax year.

I've been chasing Crystal (Aqua Bubble / Unitum / Atlantic) to get this corrected since 6th October, then chasing the liquidator (Opus) who then referred me onto Clumber Consultancy who told me on 12th December that a submission had been sent to correct everything but speaking to HMRC today they said they haven't had anything.

If anyone in the same situation still is on a 'K' tax code, ask the HMRC if they can reapply your tax allowance and put you on a X tax code, that's what they've done for me and it basically gives you back you allowance and means you'll be on a W1 / M1 code. They said to me they'll then evaluate at the end of the tax year what tax has been paid etc. and will give some time for the correction to come in but means I'll just pay normal tax deductions again (which was the case in my pay this month). I haven't got the tax back that I overpaid as a result of the K code yet but I won't be paying more than I need to now for the rest of the tax year.

Anyone else had any success in getting their tax code sorted?

Comment

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But you have started with another umbrella company. One that has no money, blatently lies, steals money and has some shady dealing with the old company that's gone. And that's just off the top of my head.

I can't help thinking you've made a terrible mistake.
            I'll let you know tomorrow, as I'm due to be paid for November.

I've also received an e-mail from Opus this morning saying they are to gain access to the electronic data for Unitum and until then, are unable to issue P45s, but hope access will allow them to see what information was provided to HMRC and enable them to sort out the P45 debacle. However, HMRC it seems, acknowledge the information they received is incorrect.

The e-mail also states the contact details for Karen Thornley regarding queries, but she's been inundated with a very high number of enquiries related to P45s and pensions.

Much water to flow under the bridge yet I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Boz View Post

....I've also received an e-mail from Opus this morning saying they are to gain access to the electronic data for Unitum and until then, are unable to issue P45s, but hope access will allow them to see what information was provided to HMRC and enable them to sort out the P45 debacle.....
              Hmmmm Opus told me something similar at the end of November and said they would have the access by 5th December, then they went quiet on me and referred me to Karen Thornley also - She advised that she'd been advised that a submission had been made to HMRC to make the correction but as per my earlier post, spoke to HMRC today and they've had nothing.

As you said "Much water to flow under the bridge yet I expect".

Comment

Originally posted by Nemex View Post
                Hmmmm Opus told me something similar at the end of November and said they would have the access by 5th December, then they went quiet on me and referred me to Karen Thornley also - She advised that she'd been advised that a submission had been made to HMRC to make the correction but as per my earlier post, spoke to HMRC today and they've had nothing.

As you said "Much water to flow under the bridge yet I expect".
                All seems a little odd to me as in effect when appointed they take control of everything so cant understand why they don't already have this (disclaimer - at least that's what we used to do when I was involved in a few receiverships/liquidations etc during my time with one of the Big 4). Also if that were the case, how come they have been able to contact us if they didn't have access to systems/data?

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamAC1 View Post
                  All seems a little odd to me as in effect when appointed they take control of everything so cant understand why they don't already have this (disclaimer - at least that's what we used to do when I was involved in a few receiverships/liquidations etc during my time with one of the Big 4). Also if that were the case, how come they have been able to contact us if they didn't have access to systems/data?
                  It maybe that with the close proximity of Crystal going bust followed quite closely by Unitum with different liquidators, shouldn't there should be two P45s, one from each liquidator?

HMRC sent me as e-mail saying I can amend my estimated income for this year, but not to an amount lower than they have received from an employer, which is the problem we have, as the figure sent by Crystal/Unitum was incorrect and should be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Boz View Post
                    It maybe that with the close proximity of Crystal going bust followed quite closely by Unitum with different liquidators, shouldn't there should be two P45s, one from each liquidator?

HMRC sent me as e-mail saying I can amend my estimated income for this year, but not to an amount lower than they have received from an employer, which is the problem we have, as the figure sent by Crystal/Unitum was incorrect and should be lower.
                    There should be, although in this case, the liquidators are one and the same (Opus) for Aqua Bubble, Unitum Operations and Atlantic Operations. Struggling to understand why they don't have access to the information - seems like a delaying tactic rather than a valid excuse

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamAC1 View Post
                      There should be, although in this case, the liquidators are one and the same (Opus) for Aqua Bubble, Unitum Operations and Atlantic Operations. Struggling to understand why they don't have access to the information - seems like a delaying tactic rather than a valid excuse
                      Having just checked Companies House for Aqua Bubble, you're correct that Opus are now shown as joint liquidators, but I'm sure they weren't when I originally looked before Unitum collapsed as well. Perhaps a degree of common sense has prevailed and one liquidator has been appointed.

I note however, Opus only mention Unitum in their correspondence. No mention of Crystal Umbrella?

Comment

Working...
                      X