• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the most "unique" contract location you have worked at?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Installing systems on submarines
    Installing the same systems on AWACS
    In a highly secure US military center deep in a mountain (no laptop, no phone, just a pencil and paper allowed which was vetted upon leaving)
    Pakistan airforce base on the border with Afghanistan
    Porsche test track facility
    Underground nuclear bunker in the Black Forest
    Off to Odessa, Ukraine soon, should be fun
    Elephant and Castle
    Swindon
    Reading
    Tel Aviv
    Swindon? Scary.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I grew up in rural Manitoba and the first real IT job I had was for the Dept of National Defense at CFB Winnipeg.

Spent most of my time in a quonset hut literally feet from the runway with C-130 Hercs hurtling past. My jerker would literally quake each time one went past.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
        I grew up in rural Manitoba and the first real IT job I had was for the Dept of National Defense at CFB Winnipeg.

Spent most of my time in a quonset hut literally feet from the runway with C-130 Hercs hurtling past. My jerker would literally quake each time one went past.
        Steven Avery's sister?

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
          Steven Avery's sister?
          Manitoba ca. I'm not Wisconsinble

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
            My jerker would literally quake each time one went past.
            Hope you had plenty of tissues to hand....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X