War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate War chest Almost Depleted and Getting Desperate - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Posts 141 to 150 of 151
  1. #141

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,282

    Default

    There may be a train service?

  2. #142

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default first post - been watching a while

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    There may be a train service?
    So, im a contractor, watched this board a while and couldnt be assed to log in. Long story short, i went perm with an old client. However, i also landed the two contract roles i was offered during my bench time, but due to delays i had to turn both down, as i respect the client who gave me the perm role, and in this climate, the perm role made more sense

    All i would say is, if everson, or whatever his name is was any good, he could land contract roles in this climate. I suspect that car is not his, or higher purchase!

    Anyway, il maybe comment more in future. But you guys shouldnt rise to his bait. BBL abuse is perhaps legit in the way he is doing it, but its not in spirit, and tbh i worked with many tulipty contrators, they behave this way and frankly can not deliver, charlatans bascially.

    Reality ive seen, perm set up is screwed, interview process outside of clients you dont know crazy, and the contracts out there are thin on the ground. As a yardstick, given i chose to bench myself end of Feb due to ir35, and also working for other companies as a favour, (and a nice holiday in japan with gf)

    I got 2/2 contract roles (May / july 2020), one with BT but was second choice it seemed, and rate tulip, plus the offer came in after accepted perm role, the other technuovo. They are for real, they doing HMRC and it was for lead on a certain border, but it came with a huge delay, and i suspect that project is being destroyed by UKG, so im glad i dodged it (though i would like the challenge of it),
    and 0/3 perm roles (i didnt have to interview for my current role).

    Anyway good luck all, upside, i got 4.5k rebate from HMRC, and now they owe me £400 on my laptop, thanks Rishi!

  3. #143

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blade99 View Post
    So, im a contractor, watched this board a while and couldnt be assed to log in. Long story short, i went perm with an old client. However, i also landed the two contract roles i was offered during my bench time, but due to delays i had to turn both down, as i respect the client who gave me the perm role, and in this climate, the perm role made more sense

    All i would say is, if everson, or whatever his name is was any good, he could land contract roles in this climate. I suspect that car is not his, or higher purchase!

    Anyway, il maybe comment more in future. But you guys shouldnt rise to his bait. BBL abuse is perhaps legit in the way he is doing it, but its not in spirit, and tbh i worked with many tulipty contrators, they behave this way and frankly can not deliver, charlatans bascially.!
    The irony is that this entire conversation started not over the BBL (perfectly sensible thing to take and use) but the fact that because Oliverson's company is owed £30k by Oliverson the director there is a means for the liquidator to chase Oliverson directly for the money.

    Using (and abusing) a bounce back loan is perfectly acceptable- needs must. A directors loan when the company you owe money to (and also own and control) owes HMRC money is not such a great idea.
    Last edited by eek; 26th September 2020 at 09:29.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  4. #144

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliverson View Post


    one for your eeky baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverson View Post
    I wouldn't apologise to him. That guy is clearly a bell end and one envious one at that. I forgot to mention the sports car will have to go as well as I don't really want to be driving a RHD car on the left hand side of the road. Not that that will mean more equity as I'll still need a car out there.
    If you're going to try and bulltulip people, you better make sure your bulltulip stacks up and there's no inconsistencies.

    That 'car' is left hand drive so JHTF you'll be driving it RHD on the wrong side of European roads is beyond me (and probably others who spotted the glaring slip)!

  5. #145

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blade99 View Post
    ... higher purchase! ...
    It's HIRE purchase and the photo is just taken from online - Ferrari California - Picture of Europe Luxury Cars, Marbella - Tripadvisor

  6. #146

    Banned


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    If you're going to try and bulltulip people, you better make sure your bulltulip stacks up and there's no inconsistencies.

    That 'car' is left hand drive so JHTF you'll be driving it RHD on the wrong side of European roads is beyond me (and probably others who spotted the glaring slip)!
    I never claimed the car was mine Sherlock Homo, just a picture of a Ferrari in Marbella to wind eeky boy up. Seems like it did a good job too. And as for permie boy a few replies up, get your appraisal and charity work done!

  7. #147

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliverson View Post
    I never claimed the car was mine Sherlock Homo, just a picture of a Ferrari in Marbella to wind eeky boy up. Seems like it did a good job too. And as for permie boy a few replies up, get your appraisal and charity work done!
    Confirmed Trolling in the professional forums and 867
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #148

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliverson View Post
    I never claimed the car was mine Sherlock Homo, just a picture of a Ferrari in Marbella to wind eeky boy up. Seems like it did a good job too. And as for permie boy a few replies up, get your appraisal and charity work done!
    Nice homophobia and duly reported.

  9. #149

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    23,503

    Default

    And duly dealt with.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

  10. #150

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And duly dealt with.
    Are you sure you've done what you meant to do and think you have done?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •