• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Overtime Claims (Contract Employment)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Your issue is with the agent, not the client.
    Your contract is with the agent, not the client.
    If you are discussing your contract directly with the client, the agent can argue that you are in breach, so be very careful.

So, discuss it with your agent, not the client. The client's HR are dealing with it professionally - you don't have a contract with them, there is nothing they can do to help.
    You do not need to bring all three parties together. You need to get together with your agent.

How long has this been going on for? Your initial comment was 20 days over a 2 year period. At any time during those 2 years did you not discuss the payment of overtime with your agent?

------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

Yes i did discussed and followed up with agent several times but in vain..

1) client said : with respect to weekend work ,i am not sure if i can get it approved..however will try..please share the details..
    2) agency said : I have just gone through this email chain and client doesn’t say they will be approved once, in fact he says they might not or will not get approved… this doesn’t support what you are saying.I’m not sure that this will help our case.
    3) timesheet (fieldglass) says : approved but M-F (as billable) and sat/sun (as non-billable) as fieldglass by default takes 5 days into billable account and rest as non-billable account but those timesheets are approved by client ..

is this can be the strong point/ground for my case ?

Comment

Originally posted by patillinganna View Post
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

1) client said : with respect to weekend work ,i am not sure if i can get it approved..however will try..please share the details..
      2) agency said : I have just gone through this email chain and client doesn’t say they will be approved once, in fact he says they might not or will not get approved… this doesn’t support what you are saying.I’m not sure that this will help our case.
      3) timesheet (fieldglass) says : approved but M-F (as billable) and sat/sun (as non-billable) as fieldglass by default takes 5 days into billable account and rest as non-billable account but those timesheets are approved by client ..

How much of these discussions do you have in writing, or were they all done on the phone?

After you didn't get paid for the first couple of weekends work, why did you persist in working weekends for free?

And if you're going to go legal, do you have deep pockets? A solicitor will bill you £200-400 per hour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Over what period did you do this overtime? Did you not get warning signs that you weren't being paid it in the period you worked in?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          How much of these discussions do you have in writing, or were they all done on the phone?

After you didn't get paid for the first couple of weekends work, why did you persist in working weekends for free?

And if you're going to go legal, do you have deep pockets? A solicitor will bill you £200-400 per hour.

--------------------------------------------------
          Thanks for your email.

Above discussion points which i put is in email..
          yes i do agree that i should have stopped or get necessary approval before going ahead doing those weekend overtimes..my bad..
          i did those based on mutual faith and trust (somethings are black and white and most of them are not) thinking at some point it will be either compensated or comp-off but unfortunately it was neither compensated nor i got any comp-offs.client took it for granted..
          the amount in question is 20 days * 420 daily rate = 8400
          to be honest with you,for me its a matter of principle,trust and ethics more than money to reach out to solution..

--------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by patillinganna View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

On the plus side, if the hours are showing on fieldglass (even if not billable) you have proof of hours worked in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
              On the plus side, if the hours are showing on fieldglass (even if not billable) you have proof of hours worked in your favour.
              Not if they weren't approved.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And he didn't invoice for them.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I thought they were approved, but approved as non billable?

Which makes it worth a punt at least if he hasn't opted out of the agency regs to make a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
                    I thought they were approved, but approved as non billable?

Which makes it worth a punt at least if he hasn't opted out of the agency regs to make a claim.
                    From his original post..

but unfortunately client didn’t approved it (neither comp off nor paid) citing reason “I tried to get approvals but since project is decommissioned it’s not approved..sorry”
                    They are just meaningless numbers on a CRM.

Comment

From his original post..

They are just meaningless numbers on a CRM.
                      Which is directly contradicted by "timesheet (fieldglass) says : approved but M-F (as billable) and sat/sun (as non-billable) as fieldglass by default takes 5 days into billable account and rest as non-billable account but those timesheets are approved by client "

Comment

Working...
                      X