• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joint contractor mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMME also have a good rep - friend of mine used them at the beginning of the year and was impressed by the service.

I know some people prefer to go direct and there can be significant savings to be had that way. I see paying for a broker as an extra piece of mind. They make sure your application is in the best shape possible to maximise acceptance and know what information is needed and when.

Comment

+1 for Halifax. About a decade ago they lend me 800k with only three months on the voters register (had moved back from Aruba) and 3 months 3 mobile phone bills.

Oh, that was 2006. Things might have tightened up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Things might have tightened up a bit.
        They have!

With a 20% deposit, the OP shouldn't have too much difficulty getting a decent quote.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          They have!

With a 20% deposit, the OP shouldn't have too much difficulty getting a decent quote.
          I would imagine.

I would be scared tulipless buying in the UK at the moment though.

Comment

I would imagine.

Indeed. I probably wouldn't buy now.

I took a risk and bought a property the week after the brexit referendum. Was scared tulipless for months (and part of me still is) but so far the value of my property has steadily gone up. Still, I look forward to move to the EU and pay off the mortgage with the equivalent of 10,000 euros

To the OP, when I spoke with Barclays, the advisor just wanted to see 2 years of bank statements and only cared to see the average yearly earnings.

Comment

I would imagine.

It depends on the location too... For example cities like Manchester where the foreign investment is very heavy, the depreciation of the pound just brings the house value up.

Since referendum, house market in Manchester city centre is up ~20/30%, this is in line with the pound depreciation... For a foreigner investor 200k £ now is about the same as 140/150k £ 3 years ago!
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                CMME also have a good rep - friend of mine used them at the beginning of the year and was impressed by the service.

I know some people prefer to go direct and there can be significant savings to be had that way. I see paying for a broker as an extra piece of mind. They make sure your application is in the best shape possible to maximise acceptance and know what information is needed and when.
                I have just used CMME, no issues and great service, I'm sure there was less than a month on the contract, once renewed they said they would add £100k onto what they would give me but it was enough anyway. Live in a very rural area, when we saw some local mortgage advisors they suggested any of the high street banks wouldn't touch me until I had 2 years accounts.

Comment

CMME

Hopefully this helps but there are several lenders that are able to ignore the gaps in employment and will be willing to lend in your situation. Barclays require 6 months previous contracts and will ignore gaps before this period and Halifax work on your current contract only. Skipton Building Society are also a great lender for contractor clients as they work on a case by case basis with a view to ignore the gaps in employment.

If I can assist further, I will be more than happy to answer any further queries you may have.

Comment

Working...
                  X