• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting reply from a recruiter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think you managed to read it completely the opposite way round
    Wouldn't be the first time....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Heard a new one today and not sure where to put it.
      Have been applying for some time for roles that i find under an agency name on efinancial. not a single call back so i thought to give that lady a call and see how it goes.
      While she was looking my name in the databse, not sure if she had my details on screen yet but she asks: “have you been a contractor in previous role?” hearing that i started my pitch with “looking to develop skills, building career and all that sh**”. Shortly after i get interrupted with “it’s because we don’t put forward contractors, clients don’t respond to them, so we stopped...’’.
      There could be other things that she might not like about my cv but seemed quite spontaneous.
      Has anyone encounter this before?

PS: have seen somewhere written that in times of low demand and high supply they tend to prefer to put forward people that are in a role. Because why fill 1 spot when you can do 2. I would imagine this from their sneaky kind... but could that be true about the hiring managers?
      Left this on State of the market a few weeks back...

Comment

Working...
      X