• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Purpose built platform to find contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. It depends on your market I guess. I work in the IT sector and its very common & faster for us to source work (whether its contract or perm) via Recruiters* on LinkedIn than on traditional jobsites. As i get constantly bombarded by messages from them regarding possible new opportunities.

* that is if you're like me who has over thousands of LinkedIn connections (where 90% of them are recruiters)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Really? These are your potential customers, people who are expected to analyse, evaluate and generally poke holes in things for a living.

I let you through as I thought it beneficial for both sides to look at your proposal, after all you are getting free consultancy here from experienced contractors.

But if you were hoping for applause, you’ve come to the wrong place. This is people’s money and businesses we are talking about here.
      I respect that, but that criticism was anything but constructive. I'm thankful for everyone's responses so far and I'm definitely noticing a pattern.

I'll admit we don't have all the answers just yet, but our first port of call is to find out if this is something contractors want. We need time to reflect on the recurring questions and find solutions.

Again, I want to reiterate that all responses are appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobMason View Post
        I respect that, but that criticism was anything but constructive. I'm thankful for everyone's responses so far and I'm definitely noticing a pattern.

I'll admit we don't have all the answers just yet, but our first port of call is to find out if this is something contractors want. We need time to reflect on the recurring questions and find solutions.

Again, I want to reiterate that all responses are appreciated. Thank you.
        What contractors want is........

No ir35. That is something you cannot provide.

Easy source of new work. Not sure how you can do what agencies already do if you’re not already trading in that market.

You are charging no money to contractors so where’s your money coming from? Agencies won’t pay you any of their margin so unless you’re going to advertise you’re not going to last long.

You offer timesheets. I already have those with my accounts package. But clients want their own more often than not, so you’re not solving that.

Invoice generation is a piece of cake as well. And many agencies use self billing.

I cannot see what on Earth you think you have here.

You might get some mileage by creating a social network. How many billions do you have to get that started?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

No ir35. That is something you cannot provide.

Easy source of new work. Not sure how you can do what agencies already do if you’re not already trading in that market.

You are charging no money to contractors so where’s your money coming from? Agencies won’t pay you any of their margin so unless you’re going to advertise you’re not going to last long.

You offer timesheets. I already have those with my accounts package. But clients want their own more often than not, so you’re not solving that.

Invoice generation is a piece of cake as well. And many agencies use self billing.

I cannot see what on Earth you think you have here.

You might get some mileage by creating a social network. How many billions do you have to get that started?
          Great feedback, thank you for your time.

I tried to explain it all in the copy, but it's still a work in progress.

The idea is that we are an agency without the recruiters calling you all the time. So we work exactly how an agency would but we try and be as separated from the process as possible, instead we provide all the tools for contractors and clients to connect, sort the legal side and then handle time tracking and payments.

The benefit for end clients is that our markup on the contractors rate is a fraction of what it would be from a typical agency. Obviously there is a bit more work for the end client, but we're hoping that the lower rate will make up for that.

I know that timesheets and self billing is already offered, but as the agencies selling point is to be a one stop shop we can't not advertise that.

Again, thank you for the response!

Comment

No ir35. ?
            And fat bottom girls

Simples

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Great feedback, thank you for your time.

I tried to explain it all in the copy, but it's still a work in progress.

The idea is that we are an agency without the recruiters calling you all the time. So we work exactly how an agency would but we try and be as separated from the process as possible, instead we provide all the tools for contractors and clients to connect, sort the legal side and then handle time tracking and payments.

The benefit for end clients is that our markup on the contractors rate is a fraction of what it would be from a typical agency. Obviously there is a bit more work for the end client, but we're hoping that the lower rate will make up for that.

I know that timesheets and self billing is already offered, but as the agencies selling point is to be a one stop shop we can't not advertise that.

Again, thank you for the response!
              Have you any idea how much cash you’ll need to handle payments?
              You can factor it but there’s 2% gone immediately.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Have you any idea how much cash you’ll need to handle payments?
                You can factor it but there’s 2% gone immediately.
                Since when did BACS cost money?

Comment

It doesn’t. But you’ll have to pay money out before you’ve received it. Otherwise you’re less use than an agency.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Comment

It doesn’t. But you’ll have to pay money out before you’ve received it. Otherwise you’re less use than an agency.
                      Sure, but why would that cost an additional 2%?

Comment

Working...
                      X