• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you do in 2019?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have done around 110. But I only contract 50% of the time, so it's good. I only need about 80 days. Next year, I've still only got 40 days of contract - but I'm working on getting another 40 or so.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

lower than normal due to leaving a gig and taking 3 months to find another one, so "lost" about 60 days, plus enforced furlough

normally bill 220 (some clients don't allow more than this), highest 259 on a crazy project with weekend working

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        How are you lot coming up with a running total of days?
        It's called "permie mindset".

Real contractors tally paid invoices.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Ah, thanks. I was just wondering when some numpty would pipe up something like that, and hey presto there we go!

Comment

210 days and counting up until the 24th.

Been a great year and having had doubts earlier (shown by this thread - a great read) I'm glad I at least got a year worth of contracting in.

Demanded the price point I wanted and even though I may be fledgling, I made it stick.

Looking forward to taking advantage of the uncertainty to come in April / May onwards as temporary resources will always be required. No matter what people say about IR35, something will happen and we will continue to do what we're doing. It won't be in the same form, but the money hitting your bank account at the end will see little / no change.

Chase the £££, not the mechanic of how you get it.

Merry Xmas! I know I've definitely earned it.

Comment

How did you do in 2019?

Real contractors run a report in FreeAgent..... on the client’s time
              Last edited by Lance; 16 December 2019, 18:52.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Usually aim for 220 billable days. Will manage 210 this year. CBA to do any more.

Comment

222 via main contract and about 50 hours of random small bits for other clients.

Comment

amazingly if you divide invoice value by rate you get the number of days. Incredible stuff

Comment

Originally posted by hungry_hog View Post
                      amazingly if you divide invoice value by rate you get the number of days. Incredible stuff
                      Assuming a constant rate, of course...

Comment

Working...
                      X