Any clue how many of your fellow contractors are going inside? Any clue how many of your fellow contractors are going inside? - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Posts 181 to 187 of 187

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    BR14? I agree. Mods!!
    Err, Gricer?

Apologies if I have got something wrong here, thought I was getting some good advice.

Still gathering requirements...

You guys are weird, seriously.

No need to ban me, I'll see myself out...

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by SouWester View Post
    Holy crap! Seriously?

Not that I don't trust you but can I ask for a second opinion? Anyone?

I am NOT risking that kind of slap. That's a life-altering amount right there.
    with ir35, being a contractor is very high risk but comes with high reward and that huge amount of liability if caught I wouldn't be surprised at all.

that's why a lot of my friends who are capable of being a contractor eventually stayed as a permie for most of their life due to them not willing to take the risk in return for a higher income.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by BritishLad88 View Post
    with ir35, being a contractor is very high risk but comes with high reward and that huge amount of liability if caught I wouldn't be surprised at all.

that's why a lot of my friends who are capable of being a contractor eventually stayed as a permie for most of their life due to them not willing to take the risk in return for a higher income.
    HMRC have taken a total of about 20 IR35 cases to tribunal over the past 10 years.

until the public sector and now the private sector changes its been almost risk free
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    HMRC have taken a total of about 20 IR35 cases to tribunal over the past 10 years.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    until the public sector and now the private sector changes its been almost risk free
    if it's 'almost' risk free, we all wouldn't be panic-ing & discussing it in forums time after time then.

there's still an element of risk and we don't believe HMRC 100%

Double Godlike!

Explained to team manager the intricacies of what the IR35 changes mean this morning. He was confused at me saying we need to plan for my leaving when he thought there was loads of work to do.

After I mentioned the issue wasn't with the work but with the contractual side of things, especially what ClientCo's legal team are devising and risk of retrospective action, he was more understanding and appreciated better what he's been seeing wrt the demands to cancel / delay implementation.

Should post faster

Out of about 100 contractors I knew at last client, me and one other left at Xmas, about 10% believe the client will class them outside, maybe 10-20% intend to leave, 10% hoping it won’t happen and rest will roll over.

That may well change as client still hasn’t officially said what they’re doing. I reckon they’ll tow the HMRC line that all PSCs are inside.