• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any clue how many of your fellow contractors are going inside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion, but when someone posts here about their situations (and their colleagues'), can they also mention in which industry they're working?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And I expect this will be the case for many. Very nice everyone will be leaving to get outside gigs or not taking inside gigs on principle but have you thought about how much you will potentially lose looking for the unicorn poop that will be an outside gig. 80% less outside gigs, 80% more people going for it? I think many people are kidding themselves and are in for a real shock.
      This is where we are heading -No Rights Employee

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        This is where we are heading -No Rights Employee

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Every single one in banking has rolled over as no work in outside world

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Not true - I haven't and a fair few fellow contractors here have refused to take the risk, too.

Comment

And I expect this will be the case for many. Very nice everyone will be leaving to get outside gigs or not taking inside gigs on principle but have you thought about how much you will potentially lose looking for the unicorn poop that will be an outside gig. 80% less outside gigs, 80% more people going for it? I think many people are kidding themselves and are in for a real shock.
            Sounds like there's an opportunity for someone to create a marketplace around this.

Been told by your client that you're being determined inside? Then visit our new marketplace that will allow you to swap roles with someone else in the same position as you. Just £30 per month subscription fee.

http://www.stuffedbyhmrc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Sounds like there's an opportunity for someone to create a marketplace around this.

Been told by your client that you're being determined inside? Then visit our new marketplace that will allow you to swap roles with someone else in the same position as you. Just £30 per month subscription fee.

http://www.stuffedbyhmrc.com
              I said exactly this many months ago.
              https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2689223.html

I even had a chat with a few people about the idea but didn't get any traction.

Surprised it didn't happen tbh
              Last edited by northernladuk; 6 February 2020, 13:28.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The other part of this is that if you do find yourself without a contract, along with many others going for the same role, its only going to drive rates down further (for some skills, not for all). So as much as we may look on some of the inside rates with disdain, it could get worse. I'd rather keep earning while I can when the market is going through this sort of inevitable adjustment.

Comment

I said exactly this many months ago.
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2689223.html

I even had a chat with a few people about the idea but didn't get any traction.

Surprised it didn't happen tbh
                  It was a brilliant idea, especially for the finance market in Edinburgh where contractors tend to go round the different Banks ad infinitum...

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                    It was a brilliant idea, especially for the finance market in Edinburgh where contractors tend to go round the different Banks ad infinitum...
                    I was thinking more about Canary Wharf where everyone just walks to the other side of the road. Easy money lol.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                      set up a desk at the gyle and collect/swap contracts at lunchtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X