• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time limit for submitting invoice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time limit for submitting invoice

Hi,

I have now had a second agency in a row that says invoices won't be paid if submitted after a certain date. I really can't see that being legal, is it? What would a court say?

Thanks

Originally posted by morsing View Post
    Hi,

I have now had a second agency in a row that says invoices won't be paid if submitted after a certain date. I really can't see that being legal, is it? What would a court say?

Thanks
    There's loads of other rules around it but at a high level it's six years. Question is though, why would you not invoice immediately?
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Ask them to do self billing so you'll never have to submit one and will never be late.

Why is this an issue to you. Are they telling you this because you are late or just in their T&Cs?

How late is late? I look forward to invoice day and it's first thing I do thst morning. Its the reason I contract so why would I do it late??

More info and context please.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Question is, why put nonsense like that in a contract? Both agencies are totally incompetent and this just confirms it.

First one said 30 days, this one 60 days.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Ask them to do self billing so you'll never have to submit one and will never be late.

Surely you know that's not how agencies work.

Comment

Surely you know that's not how agencies work.
            I know how agencies work and I've been on self billing for the last 6 years running as a many other contractors are.

I think it's you that doesn't know how agencies work.

Comment

Question is, why put nonsense like that in a contract? Both agencies are totally incompetent and this just confirms it.

First one said 30 days, this one 60 days.

Thanks
              Nothing wrong with putting a limit on to try force you into regular billing to not screw up their cash flow and payment runs. Surely its not them thats incompetent if you are putting your invoices in over a month late.

You post some very odd stuff.

Comment

I have a US client who insists on monthly billing with invoice within 30 days of month end or it will not be paid. I agreed on the condition that they pay the thing within 15 days of receipt.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the OP is simply questioning the legality of it. I don't think it's necessarily impacting them, they're just asking the question out of curiosity?

It seems there's a very strict set of criteria on this discussion board that posts must comply with or they receive heat from the same members every time. Chill out.

Comment

Is There a Time Limit to Issue an Invoice?

Comment

Working...
                    X