• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract to Perm Confusion- PAYE same client/Perm same client/Perm different client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract to Perm Confusion- PAYE same client/Perm same client/Perm different client

Been consulting for "CLIENT A" since July with a day rate of 750+. Now client sent me SDS ruling the role to be inside. They have asked me to move into PAYE starting April. Its not a bad deal considering current market situation. They wil not be deducting Employers NI from my daily rate.

I am considering following option but stil cant make up my mind

- PAYE conversion with current client (CLIENT A) post March (promised to convert as permi later in the year)
    - Permanent Employment with current client (CLIENT A) starting May taking a month break in April.I can push for this as deal breaker and grapevine tells me usual conversion offer is 130K+
    - permanent Employment with different client (CLIENT C) who can stretch up to 110K BASE+Bonus (this in final stages of negotiations). This is small foriegn bank with better work life balance
    - Reach out to US consultancy who may get me short term contracting role in EU or perhaps travel to US/Canada for 3 months project until dust settles down here. This means need to be away from family and I have school going kids.

Another worry for me is that I was with CLIENT A before for 4 years prior to this role and delivered 2 separate projcects. I didnt renew in 2018 and did another year with CLIENT B before coming back to CLIENT A for current role since July.

I have been in contracting for more than decade and want to continue in contracting but literally no one in the market is hiring outside. I expect more demand for my skills (Fintech software) for next few quarters with some regulatory changes coming up.

Just wanted to get views on which is the most risk averse option of the above.

You've posted in the wrong part of the forum. Go to Accounting legal a d there is a subsection called ir35 reform.

There are hundreds of threads in there discussing your exact situation and a sticky about options and risks for your position.

Have a read through those and get a good understanding of where you are and then ask any more specific questions you may still have
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When comparing the two permie offers, remember that the personal allowance goes down by £1 for every £2 of income above £100k, resulting in no personal allowance at £125k or over in 2019/20 for a normal 1250L tax code.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
        When comparing the two permie offers, remember that the personal allowance goes down by £1 for every £2 of income above £100k, resulting in no personal allowance at £125k or over in 2019/20 for a normal 1250L tax code.
        So £130K will get a take home if around £5500 a month (and no more 30 free hours for your toddler kids or family allowance)

Food bank time for most of us

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X