• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 reportedly amended to exclude wholly overseas organisations..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post
    Its all about me, I know but...

Me -> My Ltd -> uK Agency -> French consultancy -> UK Large company that uses contractors

1. UK large company that uses contractors doesn't see me as one of their contractors as I'm not doing work for them but for the consultancy doing the implementation - says I'm no different to them than Jacques Cousteau from Paris.

2. French consultancy - What is ir35? You're working on a french project and the only person on site in the UK purely to enable comms.

3. Agency - of course its outside IR35. Hoe can you be under SD&C since you are the only person in the UK and anyway, you have a French contract not a UK one. And here's an email confirming its outside of IR35

4. Me - confused.com but carrying on BAU
    The UK agency is the Fee Payer and either the French Consultancy or the the UK LargeCo is the end client, depending on the specific nature of the contract (for labour or a fully outsourced service). Either way, the UK agency is at risk as a UK entity within the supply chain above your PSC, so they better pull their head out and request an SDS and then operate on it. The risk to you and YourCo is less of a concern, but you should continue with your due diligence.

Comment

I'd say its a fully outsourced service - it is a SAP consultancy doing a SAP implementation.

The more complicated bit - which I just realised I left out is.....

e -> My Ltd -> uK Agency -> French consultancy -> French branch of large International company -> on site at UK branch of same large company that uses contractors

If anything, I'd say its the french branch of the company thats the end client.

Comment

I'd say its a fully outsourced service - it is a SAP consultancy doing a SAP implementation.

e -> My Ltd -> uK Agency -> French consultancy -> French branch of large International company -> on site at UK branch of same large company that uses contractors

It is still the UK Agency that needs to do the determination and they will be the only people who care enough to do it when you tell them someone needs to and the liability is their's if they don't,
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Which is a good reason to stay quiet on it all - if HMRC come sniffing, it will be the Agent who has failed to obtain or pass on a determination. The agency will be liable - you’re home and dry

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirespud View Post
            Which is a good reason to stay quiet on it all - if HMRC come sniffing, it will be the Agent who has failed to obtain or pass on a determination. The agency will be liable - you’re home and dry

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Thats sort of what I'm doing - I have an email from them confirming outside IR35 - and I'm not about to go rocking the boat.

Comment

no no no no ... WHOLLY OVERSEAS means no UK presence at all. HMRC will go after the UK branch. I can't find the link now but there was a discussion on LinkedIn about this yesterday.
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                no no no no ... WHOLLY OVERSEAS means no UK presence at all. HMRC will go after the UK branch. I can't find the link now but there was a discussion on LinkedIn about this yesterday.
                Oh no... I was thinking of that for probable future 100% remote contract with clients in EU.
                The recruitment company would therefore need to be completely outside of the UK. I'm not sure what would happen if the client paid the recruitment company a finder's fee.

Do you remember who Linkedin user was? Was it Dave Chaplin again?

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                  Oh no... I was thinking of that for probable future 100% remote contract with clients in EU.
                  The recruitment company would therefore need to be completely outside of the UK. I'm not sure what would happen if the client paid the recruitment company a finder's fee.

Do you remember who Linkedin user was? Was it Dave Chaplin again?
                  Either Dave Chaplin or offpayroll.org.uk I think
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                  X