• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Job ads - "Must have a EU-27 citizenship" - denied?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skysies View Post
    That's what you get for voting Brexit. No sympathy here...
    You really think a man who calls himself “rosbif” would’ve voted leave ? I’m an innocent victim!!

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
      I would’ve thought that too, but just note they are specifically writing now “EU-27” and not “permitted to work in the EU” or something similar. It’s the specificity of the thing that seems a bit of a technical f-off from our mountain friends. And yes strangely these were for Swiss jobs regardless of the illogic of it...
      I'd suspect that it isn't the Swiss clients, nor even a Swiss agency. Just some dumb agency or agencies who are lazy. Switzerland has committed to 3500 work-permits, post brexit, to be reserved for British people wishing to work here, so it's really unlikely it's the Swiss telling you to get stuffed.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
        Anybody UK folk looking at working in Switzerland, Luxembourg etc seeing this stuff?

Would you be applying anyway under the understanding that you are "in theory" still under the same rights until December 2020, or am I deluding myself and the Europeans are basically going to shun us until we hand over some fish or something...?
        They've been doing this in Germany for years, nothing new although I suspect with the new Fachkräfteeinwanderungsgesetzes that is to come into effect shortly ther might be some changes
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm currently working in Switzerland, most agencies that contact me are not Swiss, and have very little knowledge of Swiss regulations.

As stated by NotAllThere, Switzerland was the first country to sign an agreement with the UK. My understanding is everything will basically be the same as it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
            I'm currently working in Switzerland, most agencies that contact me are not Swiss, and have very little knowledge of Swiss regulations.

As stated by NotAllThere, Switzerland was the first country to sign an agreement with the UK. My understanding is everything will basically be the same as it was before.
            This is all good news to hear

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post

So if I supply services remotely from the UK to a Swiss company will this require a work permit post December? I also have dual nationality UK/Irish inc passport which I understand would make me a EU citizen also?

Comment

Originally posted by TupNorth View Post
                So if I supply services remotely from the UK to a Swiss company will this require a work permit post December? I also have dual nationality UK/Irish inc passport which I understand would make me a EU citizen also?
                It you have an Irish (or other EU) passport, you still need a work permit to work in Switzerland - but you get one automatically. There is no quota, they're issued on application. You go to the local council offices with your contract, complete the paperwork, pay some money and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Soon they will start to send the British back.
                  Germany has specifically said that they are not going to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by TupNorth View Post
                    Furthermore, if you are working remotely, then you don't need a work permit in Switzerland at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Furthermore, if you are working remotely, then you don't need a work permit in Switzerland at all.
                      Yes I have been working that way for Swiss clients for quite a few years now.

Comment

Working...
                      X