• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blanket ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
    Its not no. Especially when applied in a stupid context. How does a contractor, who was outside IR35 till now, have accrued any backdated holiday pay?
    It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Maybe yours was too; apologies if that's how it was intended and I misunderstood

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You are risking at most 1 months money - in this market (unless you need expenses) I would be sucking it up and staying while saving a months money in the background in case HMRC come knocking.

Then in April 2024 you can spend that money on a holiday or something...
      It's not a month though is it. It's a month for the current gig plus all the stress and cost of them poking around in the last 7 years of stuff.

Comment

Thing is no one really knows what they’ll do if they’ll do retro investigations . They’d have to have a reason to do so I would’ve thought but maybe not...I don’t want that stress though...true!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
          Thing is no one really knows what they’ll do if they’ll do retro investigations . They’d have to have a reason to do so I would’ve thought but maybe not...I don’t want that stress though...true!!
          HMRC don't have time to do millions of investigations - but looking at the Nationwide case from last week, I suspect they won't need to. Once the contractor accepts the inside contract, it confirms that your client thinks you are inside and I suspect HMRC are good to go..

All HMRC are going to do is look at the contract which switched to inside and see what they can get from it -and it will be a numbers game - I suspect any valid argument will shift you to the "Not worth the hassle" pile as there will be more than enough money and people to chase from those who haven't got a clue what IR35 was about.
          Last edited by eek; 9 March 2020, 08:44.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            HMRC don't have time to do millions of investigations - but looking at the Nationwide case from last week, I suspect they won't need to. Once the contractor accepts the inside contract, it confirms that your client thinks you are inside and I suspect HMRC are good to go..

All HMRC are going to do is look at the contract which switched to inside and see what they can get from it -and it will be a numbers game - I suspect any valid argument will shift you to the "Not worth the hassle" pile as there will be more than enough money and people to chase from those who haven't got a clue what IR35 was about.
            Hope so eek...sounds about right !!

Comment

Well found out my new rate and it’s a bit of a shocker, no uplift for moving to PAYE. Drop is significant ? accept or leave are my options. Bit late in the day plus with coronavirus the outlook is bleak for the foreseeable...rock & a hard place...nothing doing work wise market is dead.

Comment

Well found out my new rate and it’s a bit of a shocker, no uplift for moving to PAYE. Drop is significant [emoji45] accept or leave are my options. Bit late in the day plus with coronavirus the outlook is bleak for the foreseeable...rock & a hard place...nothing doing work wise market is dead.
                About 52% of your gross rate - don’t believe any calculators

And no expenses

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

It’s not looking good...it’s that or zilch!!! ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    About 52% of your gross rate - don’t believe any calculators

And no expenses

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    Your almost spot on!!

Comment

Your almost spot on!!
                      Want to edit that before the inevitable happens?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X