• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blanket ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
    Your almost spot on!!
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Want to edit that before the inevitable happens?
    :
    You're

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Want to edit that before the inevitable happens?
      Thanks northernlad ? I was typing on my phone ...big mistake mixing my your and you are lol!! I’ve bigger problems at the moment though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        :
        You're
        It happened
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Been told by client they won’t engage with PSC’s. Bit late in the day!! I had been told I was assessed as outside. But HR have said no and kyboshed it won’t take any risk at all. So it’s go PAYE or leave. Not even umbrella option. Given coronavirus and slow down in the market could be facing a lengthy stint out of work. Concern is being a target for HMRC as same client but now deemed inside...
          Fed up and disenchantmented...HR and legal bods risk averse so no more PSC’s ... Plus the hit of going PAYE it’s all gloomy
          Now the new regs have been postponed for a year I’m waiting to hear what will happen. I was under a blanket ban so am hopeful I can now continue as was.

Comment

Now the new regs have been postponed for a year I’m waiting to hear what will happen. I was under a blanket ban so am hopeful I can now continue as was.
            Hope is all you've got. They're far too busy with the imminent demise of their entire business model to worry about your personal tax situation.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Hope is all you've got. They're far too busy with the imminent demise of their entire business model to worry about your personal tax situation.
              How rude...and nope you are wrong on both counts we have been told that is more than likely the blanket ban will be lifted for all contractors. The line of business I work in is about to go boom and will make a fortune from this so in fact far from a demise it’s quite the opposite...so have a good day saddo

Comment

Had confirmation from QDOS that blanket bans (ie no assessment taken place) wouldn’t have a bearing on previous work, even if continued as PAYE.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

How rude...and nope you are wrong on both counts we have been told that is more than likely the blanket ban will be lifted for all contractors. The line of business I work in is about to go boom and will make a fortune from this so in fact far from a demise it’s quite the opposite...so have a good day saddo
                  Keep us posted then. Is it in 2 weeks that you'll know for definite?

And less name calling in the profession forums if you please.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Blanket ban been lifted on contractors...relieved to have work in these uncertain times ..

Comment

Working...
                    X