• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client not signing my final timesheet and making a false accusitions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    You might be right. but I’m not sure how the client sues a supplier they have no commercial relationship with...
    While travelling on company business, a random member of the public trips over your carelessly placed laptop bag...

Think about it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thank you everyone for answers.
      Will just chase the agency for the payment. It's sad that Client acting this way (and probably will do same thing in a future).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        While travelling on company business, a random member of the public trips over your carelessly placed laptop bag...

Think about it.
        That’s not covered by PI. I don’t think I have any business insurance that would cover that. My household insurance might.
        In any case, how would the client pursue you/yourco for it?
        They wouldn’t. They would either have their own insurance, or more likely they’d have to accept the loss.
        A client might try it on, but I doubt they’d be able to make a successful claim directly against your CO.

I was burgled a few years ago. Client’s laptop was stolen. They were more bothered about whether it was fully encrypted and that my password wasn’t on a post it note. Doesn’t really prove or disprove anything but reflects the more likely posture of most clients.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

That’s not covered by PI.
          Yeah - you'll note that I did first mention liability insurance? PI was in brackets.

I don’t think I have any business insurance that would cover that.
          If you don't have public liability insurance, you really should have.
          My household insurance might.
          Almost certainly not.
          They tell yourco - hey, you've caused damage to our equipment, cough up. You then hand it over to your insurer. Or you give them your insurance details and they claim against your insurance. If you insurer than decides there is no claim, the only option the client have is to ask you to settle, and if you won't, sue your company directly.

The point is that the OP needs to separate the damage claim from the unpaid invoice. One way to do this is to tell the client to claim against his insurance.

It wouldn't surprise me if the client were trying it on just to avoid paying the last invoice.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That’s not covered by PI. I don’t think I have any business insurance that would cover that. My household insurance might.
            They wouldn’t. They would either have their own insurance, or more likely they’d have to accept the loss.
            A client might try it on, but I doubt they’d be able to make a successful claim directly against your CO.

I was burgled a few years ago. Client’s laptop was stolen. They were more bothered about whether it was fully encrypted and that my password wasn’t on a post it note. Doesn’t really prove or disprove anything but reflects the more likely posture of most clients.
            Clients usually pay a monthly fee per work station so broken or lost Laptops make no impact on their budget.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Yeah - you'll note that I did first mention liability insurance? PI was in brackets.

If you don't have public liability insurance, you really should have.
              Almost certainly not.
              They tell yourco - hey, you've caused damage to our equipment, cough up. You then hand it over to your insurer. Or you give them your insurance details and they claim against your insurance. If you insurer than decides there is no claim, the only option the client have is to ask you to settle, and if you won't, sue your company directly.

The point is that the OP needs to separate the damage claim from the unpaid invoice. One way to do this is to tell the client to claim against his insurance.

It wouldn't surprise me if the client were trying it on just to avoid paying the last invoice.
              Public liability insurance is no use for client's damaged equipment. They're not 'public'. They're a named entity in the contract you have with the agency.
              In your example of a person tripping over the laptop, PL could pay out to the person who bruised their toe on the laptop.

And yes. We've already agreed that payment for services is separate to the 'damages'. It almost certainly is an attempt to avoid payment, just not a very good one. either naive or assuming a level of naivety in the OP.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Motorola View Post
                Thank you everyone for answers.
                Will just chase the agency for the payment. It's sad that Client acting this way (and probably will do same thing in a future).
                You have invoiced the agency haven't you?
                Last edited by Old Greg; 12 April 2020, 14:28.

Comment

As others have said invoice the agency. Your contract is with them.

Also what is your status in respect of the agency regs, opted out?
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    You have invoiced the agency haven't you?
                    Yes, I did Invoice the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                      As others have said invoice the agency. Your contract is with them.

Also what is your status in respect of the agency regs, opted out?
                      No, I haven't Oped Out.

Comment

Working...
                      X