New 9 month contract offer outside IR35 New 9 month contract offer outside IR35 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    No I'm not. Git has a history of questionable posts with lack of detail. There are a vast number of contractors out there that think sending their contract of to QDOS is all that they need to do and once it's passed they turn up on site and act like permies. I was clarrifying that just QDOS is not due diligence. Maybe I got a bit tripped over with terms at worst but hardly losing it.


    And that is exactly what I meant and said.
    It won't matter from April as the clients will be liable, not the contractors. What will you be posting about then northernlad ? I recommend retirement in the sun. Nuuk, Greenland perhaps

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GitMaster69 View Post
    It won't matter from April as the clients will be liable, not the contractors, what will you be posting about then northernlad ?
    There will always be some pillock posting ill thought out pointless questions to keep me happy..
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #13

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GitMaster69 View Post
    It won't matter from April as the clients will be liable, not the contractors. What will you be posting about then northernlad ? I recommend retirement in the sun. Nuuk, Greenland perhaps
    Some people will still need to check stuff with their accountants and someone has to tell them

  4. #14

    Super poster

    CheeseSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melting on your hamburger
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbencjw View Post
    Should I sign or ask for a contract until the end of tax year 2020/21 and then review?
    Don't think a new contract is necessary. I'd just make sure you have a notice period that allows you to terminate prior to April. You should do all of the due diligence bits others have said to make sure the contract and working practices are outside IR35.

    Then just carry on and wait for the discussions about SDS (status determination statement) and then pay very close attention to decide your next move.

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Don't think a new contract is necessary. I'd just make sure you have a notice period that allows you to terminate prior to April. You should do all of the due diligence bits others have said to make sure the contract and working practices are outside IR35.

    Then just carry on and wait for the discussions about SDS (status determination statement) and then pay very close attention to decide your next move.
    But remember, as soon as the client has made a determination you are toast. You can get out before it hits in April but your IR35 status is in tatters. All you are doing by leaving before April is attempting to avoid being caught. Only takes HMRC to ask for all contractors that had a determination, regardless if they are still there or not and your done.

    Waiting until you get determined inside and then attempt to run isn't a very good option at all.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #16

    Super poster

    CheeseSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melting on your hamburger
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    My logic for the notice period:

    • Give yourself a way out, cutting your losses to the minimum if found inside. Though its unlikely you'd be working Inside via your LTD (more like contract ends, replaced with Brolly or PAYE arrangement), you may not want to be commited to completing the existing contract, working inside on an outside day rate.
    • You also have the opportunity to get out before the SDS is even done, halting it in its tracks. So if you feel the client is going to wrongly determine status, and you're fortunate to have other options, get out as cleanly as you can and move on.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •