• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent Contract vs Daily Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent Contract vs Daily Rate

Hello

Permanent contracts usually say how many hours you are contracted to work (e.g. 37h per week) while temp contracts usually specify a daily rate.

The permanent contracts worry me because they are restrictive in terms of the hours they block you in a day while a daily rate contract does not actually specify the exact hours you need to work and theoretically you could do the daily job in 6h or 12h.

As I am looking to undertake two or more contracts (permanent or temporary), I am worried that I could be challenged that I complete work for other employers during my contracted hours for one employer.

Can you propose a solution for this?

I think the ideal would be to have a permanent contract based on a daily rate rather than specific hours per week but I suspect this is a very exotic request.

Is this possible and if not, what else can be done?

Thanks!

Is this just a theoretical or do you have 2+ contracts you are negotiating right now?

Comment

Working...
    X