• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suppling IT services to an EU based country from 1/1/21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This is simply an illustration of why your statement that it doesn't matter is false. Are you seriously saying that you've read and digested the deal and determined the precise implications for the OP? Don't be ridiculous, of course you haven't.

Your assertion that it doesn't matter is false. You even accepted that in your own post about visa-free travel (tourism and limited business purposes), which would not have happened, absent a deal.
    /url]
    No that was all arranged well beforehand. Visa requirements are different for each member state, and I checked that Italy already had a visa waiver program in place.

The OP is not providing a regulated service, which is why you couldn't find anything on it. If there is a problem the client will inform him.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think that the relevant question would be how do you invoice in relation to VAT?
      Any opinions on that?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        No that was all arranged well beforehand. Visa requirements are different for each member state, and I checked that Italy already had a visa waiver program in place.

The OP is not providing a regulated service, which is why you couldn't find anything on it. If there is a problem the client will inform him.
        No, only the basics were arranged back in ~April 2019 (IIRC), which was a unilateral measure, but based on reciprocal access. The details on mobility and permitted business travel are indeed part of the deal.

Mobility | The Institute for Government

Comment

No, only the basics were arranged back in ~April 2019 (IIRC), which was a unilateral measure, but based on reciprocal access. The details on mobility and permitted business travel are indeed part of the deal.

Mobility | The Institute for Government
          Yes it was unilateral, but it doesn't matter does it. The procedures were put in place. It's nice that it is now also part of the trade deal.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Visit Europe from 1 January 2021 - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Yes it was unilateral, but it doesn't matter does it. The procedures were put in place. It's nice that it is now also part of the trade deal.
              Permitted business travel has been codified and clarified by the deal. The deal is the definitive text on what business activities are allowed for service providers from 1 January (and what is required/prohibited for regulated industries). As far as general IT services for Italian clients, there's nothing specific, so the general rules would apply for business travel (up to 90 days across the Schengen area, 6 months+ on your passport, no paid employment etc.).

Comment

Permitted business travel has been codified and clarified by the deal. The deal is the definitive text on what business activities are allowed for service providers from 1 January (and what is required/prohibited for regulated industries). As far as general IT services for Italian clients, there's nothing specific, so the general rules would apply for business travel (up to 90 days across the Schengen area, 6 months+ on your passport, no paid employment etc.).
                And health insurance...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  And health insurance...
                  Yep, and it seems like PI insurance from an EU provider, although I could’ve misinterpreted that.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    And health insurance...
                    Then again, I'm not certain about health insurance either - haven't looked at the text, but the IFG summary is as follows:

Individuals’ access to healthcare during short-term visits to the EU (and vice versa) was included in UK and EU negotiating asks, but was expected to end at the end of the transition period. This will no longer be the case – and means that in many cases UK nationals travelling to the EU (and vice versa) will continue to have access to state provided healthcare – often for free.
                    Needs a closer look.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                      I think that the relevant question would be how do you invoice in relation to VAT?
                      Any opinions on that?
                      There will be limited changes on the Brexit VAT on services for B2B transactions after the UK leaves the EU VAT regime
                      UK to leave EU VAT regime 31 Dec 2020 - Brexit

Comment

Working...
                      X