• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evidence of a career break for compliance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyat6prog View Post
    Unless it is for a permanent job then it really isn't something that should have any bearing on your relationship.

I asked a taxi driver if it was a busy night and he said he hadn't had many fares so I didn't get in that taxi. I asked the plumber if I could see their business diary to confirm they had consistent custom... etc

You run your own business. You choose how often to work.

end of.

Re checking you haven't been in prison they can check in a number of normal ways. Not by prying into your private life.
    Depending on how much you want the job ...

print off copies of the bbc schedule for the period and then annotate each programme you watched with a rating and a review. Tell them you were a couch potato but you know all the words to Agatha Christies films and are an expert on Bargain Hunt.
    or 7

Comment

Originally posted by Andyat6prog View Post
      Unless it is for a permanent job then it really isn't something that should have any bearing on your relationship.

I asked a taxi driver if it was a busy night and he said he hadn't had many fares so I didn't get in that taxi. I asked the plumber if I could see their business diary to confirm they had consistent custom... etc

You run your own business. You choose how often to work.

end of.

Re checking you haven't been in prison they can check in a number of normal ways. Not by prying into your private life.
      Depending on how much you want the job ...

print off copies of the bbc schedule for the period and then annotate each programme you watched with a rating and a review. Tell them you were a couch potato but you know all the words to Agatha Christies films and are an expert on Bargain Hunt.
      You aren't suppose to troll in the professional forums.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X