• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL & Oracle financials work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL & Oracle financials work

Anyone interested in a months work (November) good chance of spilling into Dec/Jan

Requirement is for someone to write data extracts for Oracle Financials.

Need to have at least some familiarity with Financials data structures (AR/AP/GL/PA)

oracle financials

is this a new version of oracle with its own special sql dialect??

Comment

re: SQL and Oracle Financials

just making the point that the skills required are 'Oracle Financials' and 'sql'

Is that a problem ?

Comment

I'm certified on SQL Server have a tiny amount p/l sql for oracle and have contracted in the middle office of a bank before .. I was asking the question is this a different version of oracle with its own dialect .. this is surely an innocent and unoffensive question based on the desire to know whether my experience (Bank == financial, oracle == oracle, sql = sql) is anywhere near a match for what you want .. if thats the kind of simple question that inflames such a response form you then you maybe need a holiday or something ..

Comment

Oracle Financials

Oracle Financials is an application Oracle sells, somewhat like SAP. The SQL is bog-standard, but clients want someone who knows their way around the tables and functionality of the system.

Comment

Oracle Financials

Hi Mark,
            Yes i would be interested in this project. where about is this based?

Regards,
            T.K

Comment

cheers Bone

thanks .. thats all I was asking .. why Mark decided to flame me in response is a complete mystery ..

Comment

Financials

.. if thats the kind of simple question that inflames such a response form you then you maybe need a holiday or something ..
                You are correct - Massively overdue - starts next Friday.

Wasnt meant to be a 'flame' answer although it was rather abrupt, I am afraid I read your response as taking the p*ss. Bone is correct about the package. I have had far too many conversations recently with people who know SQL or Oracle rdbms and therefore think that they will have no trouble 'picking up' Financials as they go along ( a trivial app with only a couple of thousand tables and views, to say nothing of the triggers, libraries, etc)

We have got someone starting Monday, although his opening gambit on being offered the job was to accept then ask to start work at 10am every morning (on a site that starts at 8 )

Comment

Working...
                X