• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant & P45

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant & P45

I have been waiting for Giant to pay my last invoice with them.
    The scheduled pay date was yesterday and (surprisingly) the invoice was paid in full and on time.

However, I went into the Giant portal this morning to request my P45 and the menu option has vanished ! (It was there yesterday before I could print of my payroll summary)

Am I right to be paranoid and expect trouble ?

Contact your CSM and tell him/her.

Mine was surprisingly helpful, and manually ordered the P45.

Comment

I couldn't do it via my portal - said I had outstanding expenses, which I did because they were too slow to process them despite being given 5 days to do it! I had to call my new CSM who could not have been more unhelpful and rude if she tried. In the end I had to call and ask to speak to someone else who was more helpful. In the end it took over a month to get it. Once you say you are leaving they seem to lose all interest - including things they must do by law. Has anyone got a P60 from them yet? I haven't ...

Comment

Thanks for the reminder of P60 - I'd forgotten about that

Comment

They had 3 weeks to process my final set of expenses, but they still couldn't manage to sort it out in time for the last pay slip. Thankfully I ended up talking to an extremely helpful woman called Jessica who managed to get an extra payment issued for the couple of hundred quid I would have had extra if the expenses had gone through properly.

I actually felt a bit bad about leaving, after that - first good service I'd had from them in months! She sorted out my P45 quickly too.

So, there are some good ones there - if your CSM is crap try going through their main switchboard and asking if there's anyone else you can speak to.

Comment

B&st&rds! They told me all they could do was cancel the expenses.

Plus after my CSM lied to me (pretending she hadn't recieved something which I had discovered she had) I said I didn't want to use her anymore - did anything change ... nope!

I am so annoyed with them ...
            Last edited by Lewis; 22 May 2007, 10:37.

Comment

How long do they have to send out P60's? Was it not 19th may? I haven't got mine yet, but P45 came a couple weeks ago after incessent badgering. They are a complete outfit of cowboys and I am very very glad I no longer deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec
                How long do they have to send out P60's? Was it not 19th may? I haven't got mine yet, but P45 came a couple weeks ago after incessent badgering. They are a complete outfit of cowboys and I am very very glad I no longer deal with them.
                I just phoned them. They will be sent out late May early June. Although I believe by law they should send them by May 31st (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/employer.htm).

Comment

This is why Giant was very good when composite..but NOW they ARE VERY VERY BAD!!!

Wouldnt touch with a barge pole!!

Comment

Those of you who have left Giant (or anyone that you would be classed as an employee of really), if you finished before 5th April and have had a P45 you do not get a P60 as well.

If you were still "live" on 5th April and have not had a P45 then you should expect a P60 by 31st May.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                    X