• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract question

Hi All

Im just reading through my first contract which has been drafted by the company I will be working with.

On the second page it names the parties the contract is between and it says:

Parties:

(1) The comany whose registered address is....

(2) My company whose registered address is....

(2) Me of [my address]

Is this right ? Should the contract be nameing me in this manner or should it just state my company ? Abit of a trival issue but just want to make sure everything is good. Already found one naughty clause that has to come out :P
    Last edited by dx4100; 17 March 2008, 20:52.

It's a bad sign for the limited liability side of things. But we can't really say unlesss we know what rights and responsibilities are assigned to Me

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      It's a bad sign for the limited liability side of things. But we can't really say unlesss we know what rights and responsibilities are assigned to Me
      Thats what I was thinking.

The contract is littered with the "consultant" agrees to...instead of my limited co agrees to....

I have changed the contract to name just company in the parties seciton and names me as a designated consultant in the "terms" section. Any clasues which suggest the "consultant" would be liable have been removed and replaced with my company

I think that should cover me, just hope the companya ccepts !

Comment

That's the idea. It's (finally!) becoming the norm for the contract not to name the consultant anywhere at all.

Your customer probably thinks that they are the customer; you personally are the supplier; and your company is just a technicality that needs to be involved for accounting purposes. You need to get them out of thinking that ASAP.

Comment

Working...
        X